Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Record Skype Meeting in Captivate

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2015 Jun 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I used the video demo feature in Captivate to record a meeting I had in Skype, but after reviewing the video, my voice was recorded by but the guest speaker's voice was absent.  Please let me know what the error may have been. 

Prior to recording, the system audio was turned ON and for audio was an External Mic. 

Thank you,

Rob

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 28, 2015 Jun 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob

One would have thought that you would have managed to capture the other person's voice using that technique. Unfortunately, Skype is a rather odd duck as far as applications go. Likely you will have to scrap this particular recording as there will be no way to resurrect the other person's voice. For the future, you might want to use our friend Google to locate a recorder for Skype. Then record the conversation that way and merge the recording after the fact.

Unfortunately I'm not sure Captivate will be your tool of choice for this as I don't believe it will be an easy thing to accomplish in the editing environment. You might instead take a look at TechSmith Camtasia. The editing environment there is much simpler and more intuitive. Hopefully Captivate will catch up with them some day.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2015 Jun 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rick,

Thanks for the reply.  I hope Adobe changes this flaw in the near future.

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources