• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Webhelp Does Not Show Topics in Search

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2008 Jan 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a reason that when I perform a search in RH6 in the published project that topics that should be displayed are not displaying? It does show an output of topics but non of them are the correct topics. Is there a setting that I do not have set for the published project?

Thank You,
Ian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2008 Jan 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you give some examples of the searches that are failing?

Are you generating locally and publishing to a server? Does a search in the generated folder, rather than the published folder, also fail in the same way?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2008 Jan 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

When I publish locally the search works correctly. But when I publish to the server it does not give the same output.

An example would be: I type the word "transcript" in the search window. There is a topic that is called "Transcript Information". This is not shown in the published server project. Another example is the word "Immunization" there is a page called "Immunization information" this is also not displayed. Does this make sense?

Thank You,
Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I generated localy and currently work only with local files. I did not publish WebHelp to the server yet since I still work with RH7 native CstomerCare sample.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Togapi

What has your post got to do with this thread?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like some of your project's internal files are not making it to the server. Have you run a compare of the files and folders in the locally published help and the files and folders on the server?

One of your developers will probably have a tool that does that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

I use WinMerge to check my folders to verify that everything is there. Will that program be ok?

Thank You,
Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anything that will tell you that the files and folders are or are not the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

I ran winMerge and it showed all fills as being the same between my local machine and the server.

Now here is something maybe of no relivance but, if I go into the server and click on the file that starts RH and do the same search that way the search works fine except it does not show the topic picture (the one that looks like a page with the world in it). This is the same link that my IT department gave me for the project. Unfortunatly my reports were not yeilding any results.

But I was doing some research to get my reporting feature to work and I tried a different site in the RH Server 6.0 getting started manual that shows http://[server name]/roboapi.asp?project=[project name]. This makes my reporting feature work but it looks like the search results are different. It gives the picture of the page with the world in it. It also does not show all the same topics as the local machine would.

I hope that makes sense

Thank You,
Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hang on. The thread started with webhelp. Now you are talking about RH Server manual which implies webhelp pro. Can we first clarify what output we are dealing with here please? The fact that you are talking about reporting also implies the output is webhelp pro.

What topic picture are you referring to? Sounds like a topic in one of the RH7 samples with a spinning globe in it, the Customer Care sample project. If so, how did we get there as we were dealing with RH6?

Please clarify.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2008 Jan 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

Sorry about the confusion. I'm using RH 6 to develop in. I publish to a server that has Robohelp Server 6 installed. My main layout is in webhelp pro. For the topic picture and RH7 I'm not sure about the spinning globe and the Customer Care project. I know the topic picture is one in the published project.

I hope this brings some clarity from the madness in my head.

Thank You,
Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2008 Jan 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Sorry but webhelp pro works in a different way to webhelp and I cannot help you with that. I thought we were dealing with webhelp when I came in to this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp