• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preferences file corrupt - Illustrator CC 2015

Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

every time i boot up illustrator i get this error, and all my setting are restored (including my actions which in a previous post i mentioned i cant restore from a save i have). what is wrong with illustrator CC 2015!

Adobe Illustrator_2.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 19, 2015 Oct 19, 2015

Hi,

We have released a WINDOWS ONLY hot fix today that fixes the issue of corrupt preferences. Please go to Creative Cloud application and download the patch CC 20151.1 (19.1.1)

If you do not see the patch in the Creative Cloud application wait for the refresh cycle to be over or you can sign out and sign in to force refresh the list of available patches.

Regards,

Ashutosh

On behalf of Illustrator Engineering Team

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 143 Replies 143
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like your permissions are not set correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2015 Jun 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey larry thank you for responding, can you elaborate on that? what permissions are you talking about?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need too make sure that AI has permission to read/write to the files in your user folders (either in Apps/Roaming on Windows or in Users/<yourname>/Library on Mac). They are hidden folders in most cases now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2015 Jun 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello larry,

I get the exactly same errors.

How can i do the action you are talking about?

Can you post some step-by-step procedure?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From a Google search try this

Illustrator Help | Setting preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I solved it.

When I installed Illustrator I chose to import settings from my other computer and that created a file called "Adobe Illustrator Prefs Cloud" or something like that.

I removed that file and Voila... At least It seem so for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2015 Jul 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same with me. Its the first time what this happend. I am user since Illustrator 7! The Adobe CC2015 for Windows have many bugs!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.
Not every time I start it, but after a couple of hours of work this problem appears.

Normally Illustrator shows meassurements like this.
normal.jpg

After a while working it starts formating figures like this:
not_normal.jpg

If I resize anything after this problem occurs then Illustrator adds a space instead of a comma sign and the result is VERY VERY large things.

To fix it I have to restart Illustrator and then the corrupt preference file issue follows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah! i have that issue too, but i posted it separately. it is sooo annoying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2015 Jun 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue along with the corrupt preference file. I removed the preference file but two startups later it just gave me the error message again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2015 Jun 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The you have some other software interfering. Try making a new user account any see if it works from there. Other causes can be browser add-ons esp in Chrome and to a lesser extent Firefox and Safari. Is your browser usually running at the same time? If so, try it with the browser off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2015 Jun 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue seems to have resolved itself so far. I started Illustrator with a combination of various applications open, not open. Definitely not an issue if my browser is open. The first time I had the Corrupt Preference file issue was just after I updated to the latest version of Ai, and I opened a file via edit in Illustrator with Indesign. Will report back if it happens again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2015 Jul 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got the Preference file Corrupt message again. Programs open are Photoshop, Indesign, (both with files open) Creative Cloud, Chrome and Norton 360.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe Doc Norton is a little too serious?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i dont think its norton, in my case i dont even use an antivirus, and i still have this problem, i havent been able to get rid of it, so i har to revert back to 2014

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2015 Jul 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating I have not yet had the preference file corrupt issue, but tonight it once again happened when I opened an old .eps file. Computer had just been started, and only Muse and Photoshop was open. I also have an issue with moving selected points on a path by adding or subtracting numbers to the x and y value. It just moves the whole path.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2015 Aug 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sooo... ran the latest update and the issue persists. Now I have the decimal issue back as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 14, 2015 Aug 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use ". " and no "," and the problem will be solved for the time being. Re: Adobe Illustrator 2015 - Units-Bug

Ales

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2015 Jul 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same bug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, corrupt preference file on startup and the number bug.

After removing the folder with settings (C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 19 Settings) or a reinstall of Adobe Illustrator i still get the corrupt preference file.

Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2015 Jun 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. Would be glad to find a solution. Deleting corrupt file didn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. After a while (not reproducable) Ai changes the meassurements and adding a factor of ~100 and 3-5 additional decimal digits to all values. After that you can't resize or even zoom because you get VERY high values. e.g. If you enter a zoom factor of 100% you will zoom in to 10000% but if you enter a zoom factor of  1% you will get 100%. VERY VERY STRANGE! After restart Ai you get the error message about a corrupt Prefs file.

Any help is welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you hold down the Cmd(Ctrl)-Opt(Alt)-Shift keys when restarting your AI?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It then deletes the settings, but that doesn't help much, because after a while working with Adobe Illustrator the large numbers bug comes back (as described above)... and the settings are corrupt again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines