• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot change font in InDesign CC 2015

Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2015 Jun 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I highlight text and click on the drop-down arrow, the font list opens and I can click on a new font, but that is it.  It won't change to that font.  It's stuck on the same font.

So I took the document over to my other Mac, which has InDesign CC (2013) and no problem.  I can change out the font in the document as I have for the last 15 years with this program.

I have uninstalled and re-installed InDesign CC 2015 BACK on this Mac and the problem persists.  Anyone having this problem?

But what is really unbelievable is there is NO phone or chat Adobe tech support on weekends!  And of course as usual, the generic laundry list of trouble-shooting pages don't mention this problem, either.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 21, 2015 Jun 21, 2015

See this screenshot:

font.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See this screenshot:

font.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!!!!!  That worked!  I wonder why this thing was preset like that?  I've had every version of INDD since it was introduced and never had this problem before. Thanks again very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2015 Jun 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU. You saved the day (and my patience).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2015 Jun 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted the self-same question a couple of weeks ago - this preset is amazingly stupid! Anyhow, thanks for posting the question and to BobLevine for the answer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my gosh, thank you so much!  I'm totally self taught, so sometimes I wonder if I just did something dumb like when I had caps-lock on and couldn't figure out why I couldn't see my brushes in PhotoShop, just the center point!

So this time, pretty much same thing.  OK, half hour wasted trying to figure out what I accidentally hit... back to work!  Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am facing the same issue, and despite the setting to 'Search entire font name'. Please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines