• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player "Installation Failed" using clean install method

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2015 Jun 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried everything to update the Flash player, including the clean install procedure.

I have had my hardware/Windows 7 64-bit configuration through many iterations of Flash Player.  But, I cannot get past "Installation Failed" for version 18.0.0.194 no matter how many times I have tried.  Flash is not on my system since I removed it completely following the clean install procedure.

What can I do?  I'm not doing a clean install of Windows simply to address this problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nicholas,

Please follow the steps mentioned in the below document.

Uninstall Flash Player | Windows

Regards,

Devendra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi pernick61‌,

Try restarting your system if you haven't done so.

If that doesn't work please feel free to uninstall flash player using Uninstall Flash Player | Windows ‌ and install using Flash Player for your browser from page - Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows

--

Piyush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the replies. But, as I noted in my post, I have tried these steps.  My system has no trace of Flash as I followed the steps to completely remove Flash.  Checking for Flash, I am reassured that: "Sorry, Flash Player is either not installed or not enabled."

I have restarted several times since removing Flash and, once in a while, I have attempted to install Flash but I invariably get "Installation Failed".

Are there a registry values I need to concern myself with?  The steps for removing Flash only involve deleted files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Omigosh. Ran the flash installation file once more and, voila!

I really want to ditch these electronic gizmos and go back to an Etch-a-Sketch.  That and dixie cups and string. SIgh.

Thanks to all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 02, 2015 Jul 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines