Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues playing/stopping through timeline AE CC 2015

Jun 30, 2015 Jun 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not a huge after effects user, so forgive my limited knowledge. I am an editor and I am used to the functions of premiere mainly.

In AE I am used to playing and stopping through a project sequence using the space bar to play and stop the sequence. With AE cc 2015 the space bar will start playing the sequence, yet when I hit the space bar again to stop the cursor on my timeline, the cursor wont stop and continues to play, if I hit it a third time it stops. Just wondering if this is a new feature to cc 2015.

With premiere I am used to starting and stopping using the keyboard, is there a better method to start and stop through a timeline that I am not familiar with?

My issue is with CC 2015, with previous versions of AE I never had this issue.

Let me know if this makes sense or if you need more info. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 30, 2015 Jun 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like I found the fix, it is in this article, under the section "Stopping a preview with the spacebar...":

known issues in After Effects CC 2015 (13.5) | After Effects region of interest

You just need to change the "preview favors" option to "length" instead of the default option of "frame rate".

Brady

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2017 Sep 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and this you find where??? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 27, 2015 Jul 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The After Effects CC 2015 (13.5.1) bug-fix update is available, which fixes several issues related to previews: http://adobe.ly/1Il5JYe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2019 Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

SOLUTION: go to edit --> preferences --> video preview --> check Adobe DV

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines