• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Modify Print CSS for Topic TOC Placeholder used as a Snippet?

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2015 Jun 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am working on a project that has many topics which use a Topic TOC placeholder. I formatted it the way I want it to display in the project (for viewing in the web browser) and saved the Topic TOC placeholder as a snippet so I just insert the snippet in all the topics which use it.

My question is this: how do I modify the print CSS for the Topic TOC placeholder? I have changed the print CSS for all other styles in my topic and they look great printed out, but the caption of "Contents" for the Topic TOC is way too big when printed. I'd like to change it so it is the same size as my Heading 2 style in the print version of CSS. I know how to modify the print version of CSS for basic styles and tables - I have no idea what to use to change the settings for the Topic TOC ...

Any help would be greatly appreciated! (Thank you in advance!).

Here are some screenshots from my project, don't know if they'll help or not...

exampletopicTOC.png

topicTOCoptions.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can provide styling by first selecting the container from the miniTOC. I don't see an easy way through the css editor, so here is the CSS:

@media print {

div.minitoc > p {

/* Styling for the caption text here. Always use !important to overwrite the inline styling */

font-size: 10pt !important;

}

}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp