• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I remove the .fm suffix that appears in a header using the <$chaptertitlename> variable?

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2015 Jun 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want the chapter title to appear in the header, so I am using the <$chaptertitlename> tag in a running header variable show the file name. However, the file's suffix .fm also appears. How can I remove the suffix?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 30, 2015 Jun 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting… I thought I'd done this once with a <$shortfilename> variable, but when I check before posting :-} it seems that variable doesn't exist. The "About variables" page in the Adobe help is particularly opaque, too. I'll watch and learn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

re: However, the file's suffix .fm also appears. How can I remove the suffix?

Unless FM versions later than I've used provide some new way, you can't.

See hack in Re: System Variables

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 02, 2015 Jul 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just out of interest, what is <$chaptertitlename> intended to deliver that <$filename> doesn't? as I said, I found the Adobe help page on variables particularly unenlightening. (and the concept the name of the title of the chapter sounds like something dreamt up by Humpty-Dumpty in "Through the Looking-glass" … but perhaps I'm just being picky)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines