• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp Version 6

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2008 Jan 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting ready to publish my project but on production site as well as test site shows table of contents from skin that is on my topic and SHOW in red capital letters on the left side of my project. When I click the SHOW it brings me the correct skin of my project but does not show the table of contents. I have two projects combined and when I go into my project I do get the right table of contents to show. MY QUESTION: How do I get the correct skin to show without having to click this SHOW in red on the upper left hand side of my home page? How do I get table of contents to show also?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 02, 2008 Jan 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi marvinwalker

Normally the SHOW link appears if you simply link to the URL of a single page in your system. For the full TOC, you need to link in different ways. Take a look at the following links that explain in more detail:

Link number one
Link number two

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2008 Jan 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your quick response. Unfortunately I think I really messed up this time. Before I got your message I went to my site and saw the SHOW NAVIGATION PANE LINK IN TOPICS was checked. So I unchecked it, published it and now I no longer have the SHOW at the top but now I have a generic skin that displays my TOC and proper home page. I even switched back and checked box again, republished but still no SHOW is displayed. I think thats a bad thing and I am sorry really did not follow all your helpful information...sorry I am new at this.
So now I have generic skin with TOC; my correct start page showing. How do I get the right skin to display? Did I do alot of damage by now not seeing the SHOW at the top?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

When you generate from RoboHelp and click the View result button, does the skin you expected to see display? If not, this would seem to imply that you haven't yet configured the skin properly. If so, it means that you are simply not linking to the proper file on your server.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I generate from RobHelp the files look right, skins look right. I looked at the WebHelp Select Output folder in Webhelp Pro and it lists the same link as the browser shows when I look at Generate screen. I also show conditional build tag as none default topic as first page which is displaying properly. Default window I show as none. So what else do I need to do to make this display right? THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again marvinwalker

Okay okay, HUGE question here. You said "WebHelp Pro". Are you really using WebHelp Pro?

Before you answer that, please review the information at this link.

The answer you give could account for the weirdness you are seeing. But I'll hold off until I hear back.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2008 Jan 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, its WebHelp Pro(Primary Layout). (I republished and got the SHOW back) Basically I show the default skin with the Show in the upper left hand large pane. When I chick Show it gives me the correct skin but blocks TOC. Is there someway I can e-mail you directly to show you my site?
Again skin looks fine when I VIEW RESULT but when I go to view on the browser I get this other skin appear on top of the one I want to see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 04, 2008 Jan 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi marvinwalker

Certainly you may email me directly. I'm finishing up conducting a Captivate class today, but will be looking in off and on. You may also wish to send me a Private Message with the info. Either way should work.

My email address is rstone75 (at) kc (dot) rr (dot) com

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2008 Jan 07, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick-Did you get my e-mail which includes my project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again marvinwalker

Ahhhh yes. Thanks for the ping here! I deal with hundreds of messages a day and I always stress to folks that go through my classes that if you send me an E-Mail and I haven't responded in a timely manner, by all means don't feel a bit bad about it and ping me again! I was a bit confused by seeing "marvinwalker" here and it arrived in my In-Box from a "bashaffer".

Okay, here is what I see, based on what you sent me. Particularly, the second E-Mail with the screen captures is what helped. From the attached screen shot, you are actually displaying two different projects. You have one project using the default skin. This project has a Table of Contents showing. This project is somehow pointing to a second WebHelp system, but in a manner where the entire WebHelp thinks it's inside another window. I suppose it is, but it's inside the frame of the initial WebHelp.

I suppose the first order of business is to determine where the default skin is coming from. I know that I have asked before and you have said that you are using WebHelp Pro as your output. I don't mean to thrash a deceased equine here, but are you certain beyond any shadow of a doubt that you have a RoboEngine or the RoboHelp Sserver component you are publishing to? I ask because I see so many folks just gravitate right to the WebHelp Pro layout type, thinking that it's just some fancy version of WebHelp. (If WebHelp is good, the Pro has to be all that and a bag of chips, no?) And they don't have the server component in place or ever care to use or obtain it.

I think what you are seeing here is some general confusion over where your WebHelp output lives and determining the correct URL to open the project.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thats me, one in the same.
We just purchased RoboHelp 6 software and are using seperate server ( we have version RoboHelp 5 and currently use on a different server for someone elses project.)
I have two projects and we ended up linking projects; (do you want me to send you screen shots of this?). I did not merge the projects but rather are linking, is this the problem? I was trained in RoboHelp 5 trying to use RoboHelp 6...just have some manuals and on line training tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keep in mind that whenever you insert links (especially to external-to-the-current-project files), RH will attempt to replicate, in the output, the directory structure it sees at that moment. If that is not the exact same directory structure in the output, well...

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2008 Jan 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Problem solved; I think my project was trying to look at too many files. Ended up making new output folder; test and publish and skins looked great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp