• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Link from custom button in webhelp skin not working

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2008 Jan 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a skin for my webhelp project. I have created a custom button on the toolbar that contains a link to a file in my project. When I compile the webhelp the button is displayed correctly but when I click the linked file cannot be displayed. I tried copying the linked file to the SSL and SkinSubFolder directories but no luck. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 04, 2008 Jan 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that file is not an HTM file, or is an HTM file not in your TOC, you'll need to add it to the Baggage Files folder.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2008 Jan 07, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file is an HTM file and it is in the TOC. I also added it to the Baggage Files folder but still no joy...

Thanks for the suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ramalannie

You should probably grab yourself a copy of my Skinny on Skins file. I believe this process is outlined inside.

Don't worry, I'm not trying to sell you anything. The file is a free download.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
If you are using a skin, the chances are you are using Webhelp output right? Does the same happen with the generated output AND the published output? Also what do you mean by "the file can not be displayed"? Do you mean the link does nothing or that an error message is issued? Either way can you fill us in and we will try to help further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp