• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I uninstall Flash player silently using command line

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have hundreds of Windows 7 machines that I want to uninstall Adobe Flash Player silently, without the user intervention. I read several forums , saying use the -silent switch with uninstall_flash_player.exe in a command prompt, but it doesn't work. If I go to C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash and run the file FlashUtil64_18_0_0_194_ActiveX, it comes with the following message:

FLASHUNINSTALLPROMPT.png

If anyone had done the silent uninstall before and ready to pass that knowledge, it is greatly appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

The way i do it is grab this file:

http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/support/uninstall_flash_player.exe

then open a cmd window in the location of the file and do the following:

uninstall_flash_player.exe -uninstall

That works 100% of the time for me. The uninstaller Adobe offers is really nice, unlike java where you have to run a complicated wmic cmd to remove it.

Hope it helps ya?

by the way that will remove ANY flash player from your machine.

also specifically for that one it is

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The way i do it is grab this file:

http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/support/uninstall_flash_player.exe

then open a cmd window in the location of the file and do the following:

That works 100% of the time for me. The uninstaller Adobe offers is really nice, unlike java where you have to run a complicated wmic cmd to remove it.

Hope it helps ya?

by the way that will remove ANY flash player from your machine.

also specifically for that one it is FlashUtil64_18_0_0_194_ActiveX.exe -uninstall

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2015 Jul 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carm01,

First of all, my apologies for responding to your comment. Thank you so much, this worked like a charm. I couldn't figure that -uninstall command except for the fact that I was using it with different uninstallers for each versions with additional switches like -activex etc. I tested it and verified it and got my task executed perfectly over 800 machines. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried this but it doesn't work anymore and I really need a way to silently uninstall this software. Did they remove the silent option?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The silent option has not been removed.  Download the uninstaller posted at Uninstall Flash Player for Windows  and then run it from the command line with -uninstall:

To uninstall a specific player type (ActiveX, NPAPI, or PPAPI), use the following:

• uninstall_flash_player.exe -uninstall activex
  • uninstall_flash_player.exe -uninstall plugin
  • uninstall_flash_player.exe -uninstall pepperplugin

This information is posted in Chapter 3 of the Flash Player Admin Guide​.  Reminder that the uninstaller does not remove any browser embedded version of Flash Player (e.g. Activex in Edge/IE, or PPAPI plugin in Chrome).

Which file are you using, and how, exactly, are you attempting to uninstall?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you, it is now working:

I tried that command again and realized it was working and was able to find the logs now.

C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash

It was because my computer didn't have any NPAPI plugins installed.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for confirming it's working.

Given the age of this thread, the fact everyone on it is auto-notified when a new comment is added, and the solution is still the same, I'm going to lock it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines