Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updating Adobe Flash Player to 18 got blank screen in Adobe Download Manager

Jun 25, 2015 Jun 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My operating system is Window 7 Professional, browser is Mozilla Firefox 38.0.5(x86 en-US), Flash player version 10.0.2.

I bought my new Dell desk top end of last month, after that I reinstall my ‘Adobe Creative Suite 4 Design Premium’, so currently I have Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX and Adobe Flash Player 10 Plugin, Adobe Media Player, Adobe Reader XI (11.0.11). sometime when I am using the Firefox, I get the following messages :

“Error message from Adobe Flash Player 10: An ActionScipt error has occurred: VerifyError: Error #1053: Illegal override of play2 in org.osmf.net.httpstreaming.BaseHTTPNetStream.”

“Warning: Unresponsive plugin: Shockwave Flash may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the plugin now, or you can continue to see if the plygin will complete.”

When I select continue, I get ‘The Adobe Flash plugin has crashed’.

When I follow the instruction to install Adobe Flash Player 18 according to https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/enabling-flash-player-firefox.html, then I get the blank screen from Adobe Download Manager.

My Mozilla’s Add-on’s plugin status show outdated for Adobe Flash Player 10.0.2.54, Java Runtime Environment (NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java™ Deploy) 8.0.40, Adobe Reader 11.0.11.18, Java Runtime Environment (Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.40.2 for Mozilla browser) 8.0.40.

How can I update my Adobe Flash player and reader?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2015 Jun 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AmyYu123

Can you please upgrade to latest version of Flash Player to see if this problem gets resolved. Please find the installers at location Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows.

Thanks

Piyush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Plyish,

You are linking people to an FAQ. If you left mouse button click over the link you'll see a secondary window pop up leading users to an FAQ. This gives users a step-by-step problem solving routine - not a link to a further installation of Flash.

Secondly, Amy has already downloaded the latest updated version of Flash Player. If you go to the download page and try to access the .exe file you'll notice that the Adobe Download Manager she is referring to shows up. This allows users to install the latest flash update. So Amy has already attempted to download and install the latest Flash, and the blank screen is not allowing her to complete the installation.

Please step away from the computer, and ask your supervisor to take over. You have no idea what you are trying to help someone with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jake, I tried and still get the same blank screen, I gave up.

Now I installed Chrome and this problem does not exist.  So if Firefox cannot show the video, I use Chrome, save my agony.

Amy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 03, 2015 Jul 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi jakej60413988‌,

What's confusing is ADM(Adobe Download manager) is received from get.adobe.com/flash player but the link is taken up from the install problem page, which contains the offline installer at the very bottom which is a complete installer where ADM has no role to play. Please refer the Page again use the offline downloader, probably you are looking for this link - http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/latest/help/install_flash_player.exe

Please use this to upgrade to latest flash player. do let me know if this helps.

--

Piyush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2015 Jul 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have roughly the same issue as Amy, but with Windows 7 Home. And when I close the blank window (titled Adobe Update Manager, I think), it opens up Internet Explorer but all adobe pages seem to be blank...

So, Adobe Reader and Flash Player cannot be updated, neither in Firefox nor Explorer. How can I solve this, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 02, 2015 Jul 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well,

Try this 

Grab the Uninstaller here:

http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/support/uninstall_flash_player.exe

run it; it will uninstall ALL flash player versions

Next let make sure you have the correct processes closed.

Open a CMD prompt Run a Command as Administrator from the Windows 7 / Vista Run box

copy/paste the following one by one or make a bat file to do it all in one step How to Write a Batch File (with Examples) - wikiHow

taskkill.exe /im plugin-container.exe /f

taskkill.exe /im firefox.exe /f

taskkill.exe /im iexplore.exe /f

taskkill.exe /im flash* /f

taskkill.exe /im battle* /f

That should close any flash dependent programs ( that I know of )

next in the cmd window do the following:

ATTRIB -H -S -R C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash /s /d

ATTRIB -H -S -R C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash /s /d

rmdir "C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash" /s /q

rmdir "C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Flash Player" /s /q

rmdir "C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player" /s /q

IF exist C:\Windows\SysWOW64 rmdir "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash" /s /q

( note IF you are on 32 bit you can eliminate anything with sysWOW64 )

Next try installing the files at the bottom of this page one by one.

Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows

Hopefully that will get you up and running. ( why Adobe does not provide a bat file like i have and automate it is beyond me to simplify it for end users)

Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines