Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Error getting license. Server communication problem: E_ADEPT_REQUEST_EXPIRED"

Oct 24, 2011 Oct 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to re-download my digital editions library, because the whole thing just mysteriously disappeared. I went to Books On Board (where I bought them all) and downloaded them again. They come as ACSM (adobe content server message) files. But every time I try to open them with Digital Editions I get the message:

Error getting license

Server communication problem: E_ADEPT_REQUEST_EXPIRED

What's going on, and how do I fix it to get my books back?

Cheers guys.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 02, 2014 Oct 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe, can somebody provide an official response that solves this? Our time zone settings are correct AND we did things in the right order, but still seeing the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2015 Jul 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After trying everything here with no success, I found that it was downloading via Firefox that was the problem.
Safari worked fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2016 Apr 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

heyheyhey, thank you for the post, I believe you are correct.  Unfortunately for me I purchased an e-book before installing digital editions and can't download it again without paying for it again!  Thanks Adobe, what a terrible product!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines