• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Downloading Flash Plyer issue with Browser detection, will not allow download for different Browser

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2015 Jul 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

G'day Folks,

As a Service Technician I find it a nusence trying to download the different installers for the IE and Firefox browsers.

If I am in Firefox the downloader automatically detects the Firefox browser and will download the Non-IE version, OK so far.

However it will never, that is while I am using Firefx, allow me to download the Flash Player for IE and I need to change to IE to do so.

Can we do something about this so that we can download any \Floash Player while using any Browser please.

So we can go to - http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/distribution3.html Good when you know this, however not many Users do and there is no mention of this hyperlink in the download !!!

Regards

Roger H

If you object to my “Candour”, read another post ! "BENE DICTUM, BENEDICTE !"

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Roger, I greatly simplified the process of install flash, that includes full uninstall, and clean install for windows 7, its scripted in BAT , I put together a video walk through of everything here:

Flash Player Clean Install Scripted - Easy install - YouTube

You need the uninstaller from here: http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/support/uninstall_flash_player.exe

as well as the three files from the bottom of this page: Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows

Put all the files including the BAT file in the same folder and the script does all the work

You can get it from the links in the video

This will work for Windows 8 for Firefox flash player and Chromium based flash ONLY IE is built into the OS from 8.X and up

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carm01, Thanks ?

However you missed the point.

I am not nor do I need to use your "awesome tutorials" for Win 7.

I will just go to the http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/distribution3.htm which loads in any OS and Browser to download the full installation versions for the Flash Player and the respective browsers.

I wanted the automatic browser detection to stop which restricts the Flash Player version to the browser type and you cannot download any other Flash Player version while using a specific browser. i.e. you cannot download the Flash Player for IE while using Firefox !!

- Got it

Regards

Roger H.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 03, 2015 Jul 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and someone from Adobe is going to come on here and tell you about posting that link for enterprise environments and licensing, like they told me, I have been aware of that link for YEARS,

So if you read this on that page :

------------

In order to distribute Adobe Flash Player you need to have a valid Adobe Flash Player Distribution License Agreement in place. Click here for details.

--------------

Then you would know why it is NOT posted, but i guess you didn't see that part?

Here are links for end user flash installs that we can post freely slick:

Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reminding me Carm01,

About the "valid Adobe Flash Player Distribution License Agreement in place." I have and also cover 3 other Adobe products - Thanks

- Reading the agreement it does not mention that I cannot post the URL in a forum.

The End Users would in most instances not get to the "Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows" page and doubt if they would find it.

- I was also aware of the page.

All this still does not directly resolve my download problem and it would be easier if the Browser detection was removed or the options in the "Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows" to download  the full installations for the respective browsers were given, i.e. the Flash Player for Internet Exporer - ActiveX and the Flash Player for Firefox - NPAPI or the ability to download the "flashplayer18ax_fb_install" and "flashplayer18_ha_install" executable files.

- Why restrict a browser from downloading anything is the point !

- Would you not agree ?

Regards

Roger H.@

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you are right, it does not, but i was told in one of my posts about it js

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines