• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AIR 4 SDK and asdoc

Participant ,
May 31, 2014 May 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am loosing just too much time to figure out how the hell to get the AIR 4 sdk asdoc to work.

The lack of documentation, instructions from Adobe is getting overwhelming... This is just unbelivable how a company can release a product without any documentation or such.

Even if there are solutions, example and such, they always are spread out on some blogs... but not in this case, like everyone is holding information in hostage.

So, now to my freggin question, how to set up the ASDOC on mac in Flash builder !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

first when pointing external tool to asdoc, im getting error:

usage: dirname path

Error: Unable to access jarfile /../lib/legacy/asdoc.jar

Then i  change the patch in asdoc file to a absolute one... and im getting:

Error: This Java instance does not support a 32-bit JVM.

Please install the desired version.

Seriously, 32bit on mac, what kind of default is that ? ARGHHHH

then i change the desired version, 64 and now this....

Adobe ASDoc

Version 4.6.0 build 23201

Copyright (c) 2004-2011 Adobe Systems, Inc. Med ensamr?tt.

defaults: Error: cannot open "/../frameworks/flex-config.xml"

this is just unbelievable. Why cant there be some decent instructions  provided by the provider which explains what is needed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , May 31, 2014 May 31, 2014

So, i found a solution which does work for now, still there should be instructions available officially from Adobe, instead of letting developers to spend hours, days or what ever on finding solutions...

I guess there can be better solution but i did what i could from my little experience with flash builder and executables...

in the asdoc file i commented out the scripthome, and added static variable instead, changes are underlined:

SCRIPT_HOME="/Applications/Adobe Flash Builder 4.7/eclipse/plugins

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
May 31, 2014 May 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, i found a solution which does work for now, still there should be instructions available officially from Adobe, instead of letting developers to spend hours, days or what ever on finding solutions...

I guess there can be better solution but i did what i could from my little experience with flash builder and executables...

in the asdoc file i commented out the scripthome, and added static variable instead, changes are underlined:

SCRIPT_HOME="/Applications/Adobe Flash Builder 4.7/eclipse/plugins/com.adobe.flash.compiler_4.7.0.349722/AIRSDK/bin/"

if [ "x${FALCON_HOME}" = "x" ]

then

#SCRIPT_HOME=`dirname $0`

FALCON_HOME=${SCRIPT_HOME}/..

else

echo Using Falcon codebase: $FALCON_HOME

fi

if [ "x${FLEX_HOME}" = "x" ]

then

#SCRIPT_HOME=`dirname $0`

FLEX_HOME=${SCRIPT_HOME}/..

else

echo Using Flex SDK: $FLEX_HOME

fi

That solved the flex-config.xml issue.

Then when i ran the external tool again, i got error on not finding locale sv_SE,

so in AIRSDK/frameworks/locale i had no sv_SE, solution that worked was to make a copy of en_US folder and rename it to sv_SE.

And since im trying to asdoc AIR, the ext tool should of cource have external libs added as well in arguments field:

-external-library-path="/Applications/Adobe Flash Builder 4.7/eclipse/plugins/com.adobe.flash.compiler_4.7.0.349722/AIRSDK/frameworks/libs/air/airglobal.swc"

Hope this helps others in someway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2015 Jul 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me:

I commented these lines on the bin/asdoc file

# if [ "$isOSX" != "" -a "$HOSTTYPE" = "x86_64" -a "$check64" != "" ]; then
# D32='-d32'
# fi

I found the answer here:

actionscript 3 - MXMLC in Flex SDK 4.5 doesn't work on Mac OS 10.8 - Stack Overflow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines