• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rollover Image Option Disappeared?

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to insert a rollover image. When I click on insert, I see the option for "Image Ctrl+Alt+I" but there is no arrow with a pullout menu where I can select "Rollover Image." I have watched the tutorials and they all indicate there should be a arrow that leads to image options such as rollover image. Am I missing something?

I have done rollover images plenty of times in the past with CS6 and CS5 but since I installed CC, the option has magically disappeared.

Dreamweaver CC (2015)

Windows 7

Just installed Dreamweaver today.

Not sure if it is 64 bit or not but my machine can do either.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 02, 2015 Jul 02, 2015

mine.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Adobe has prepared this tutorial Add rollovers with CSS | Adobe Dreamweaver CC tutorials. I quote: "Create rollovers using CSS to improve the performance of your website. (Watch, 11 min)"

Hans-Günter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hans, please read my question. I already watched the tutorial. The rollover option simly doesn't exist in my Dreamweaver. There are no special options attached to images in fact.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2015 Jul 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you did not listen to what the tutorial said. I'll repeat it

In prior versions of Dreamweaver, the rollover effect was made using JavaScript, in CC+ we make use of CSS which is far more efficient.

In case you do not agree with the above statement, Dreamweaver CS6 works quite well alongside other versions of Dreamweaver.

Thank you Hans-Günter for the link.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About 1:30 into the turtorial, the speaker demonstrates how to find the rollover option. Here is a screenshot I took directly from the tutorial.

csstutroll.jpg

Ok so far so good.

Now, when I go to CS6. I also have this pullout menu. See.

cs6roll.jpg

Here is where things go awry. When I attempt the same thing in CSS, this is what I see.

cssroll.jpg

As you can see, no dropout option or anything indicating image options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mine.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2015 Jul 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's it!! Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ben, glad to hear from you and all the best from the Allgäu, today it's 34 degrees centigrade in the shade! Hans-Günter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hans-Günter, good to hear from you. We are in the middle of winter with temperatures barely over 10 degrees dropping to 7 degrees at night. The kids are enjoying the wintersport in the mountains. We don't get much snow, just enough to do a bit of skiing and snowboarding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 04, 2015 Jul 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OT: Hi Ben: How happy your youngsters can be! And as a little funny further incentive here a song from Wolfgang Ambros, one of the most important Austropop musicians of the present: Songtext von Wolfgang Ambros - Schifoarn Lyrics (great caution dialect )

Yesterday we went to our "Forggensee", where we had a good sailing wind in spite of the high temperatures!

Hans-Günter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should be under HTML > Rollover Image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines