I have been trying to export a button with a pop-up menu from Fireworks to Dreamweaver. The html file and all the associated images never show up in Dreamweaver. I've tried both the straight Export and the Export Wizard. Neither seems to work. Can any of you suggest what I may have done wrong?
Thank you for your attention to this inquiry. I look forward to your response.
Giving the following information will help pinpoint the proper solution for you:
What version of Fireworks and what version of DreamWeaver? Which platform: Mac or PC? What version of the operating system?
These steps work in CS6:
1) Export my Fireworks rollover graphic as html and images (hopefully this will be obvious to you)
2) View the source code Fireworks spit out (you can do this strait in Dreamweaver for convinience)
3) in the header, find and copy all of the <script> blahblahblah code crap </script>
4) paste it into the header of the document you wish to add it to
5) Go back to your <body> and find where you want to insert your rollover. Put your cursor there. (this also should be obvious )
6) Go to Insert -> Image Objects -> Fireworks HTML.
7) Find the HTML file Fireworks gave you
8) Test it in a browser by pressing F12