• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nvidia Tool for Photoshop CC

Nov 26, 2013 Nov 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I noticed that Nvidia Tool (for creating normal maps) is only compatible with all CS versions but not with CC, does anyone knows how to install the Nvidia Tool or how or if it is compatible with Photoshop CC?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was a new one on me.  Is it a games creation tool?  If no one here has the answer, I see there is a Community tab on this page

https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-texture-tools-adobe-photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Nvidia tool is a tool designed for 3d objects (for videogames, films, whatever).

I've checked that link before and in the top of the web you can see for what photoshop version is compatible, it doesnt says anything about CC version, do you know anyone with the same problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFAIK, none of the regular posters here are into games design, although at least two of us use After Effects.  You are FAR more likely to get an answer from the nVidia forum. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 27, 2013 Nov 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Nvidia forums no one answers my question so I decided to try to find the answer here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you even try tosearch nvidia web site?

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, i have tried that, but, as the nvidia web says, its compatible with all CS photshops so my question is: does it works on Photoshop CC? i need to buy Photoshop and if the nvidia tool doesnt works on CC i ll buy CS6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nvidia documentation was written before CC and states the plug_in 32bit and 64bit versions work in Photoshop 5 through CS6. With a history like that if it did not work in CC I'm sure Nvidia would rectify that.  Adobe is putting more and more 3d and Web stuff in CC. Normally I would not recommend CC for casual Image processing or 3d for CC 3d stuff is not the greatest but if gaming is your bag I would think yow may want CC. You can not buy a licence for CC. CC is lease only you can buy a licence for CS6.  Adobe currently has a special going where you can lease Photoshop CC for $10 a month instead of its normal $20 a month lease price. Deal ends Dec 2 for new users ends Dec 31 for old CS3 users.

NVIDIA Texture Tools for Adobe Photoshop

Download NVIDIA Plug-in for Adobe Photoshop
For Adobe Photoshop 5.0, 5.1, 6.0, 7.0, CS, CS2, CS3, CS4, CS5 and CS6.
32-bit64-bit

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2013 Dec 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't been able to get my version of Photoshop CC to work with the NVidia normal map filters, but I think there may be something I'm missing. The filter plug-in installs properly and shows up in my filters list. The 'broken' part is that the filter always generates blank, flat normal maps (127,127,255 RGB) no matter what information is in that particular layer.

So since you can technically get it working, I'm led to believe something else is going wrong. I'm going to try posting in polycount's forums next since I have pretty much run out of places to look for answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2015 Oct 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your theory sounds good but in my world, Photoshop CC 2015 crashes as soon as I click on NVidia's Normal Map. I will continue trying though in the hope that you are correct and they will fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 09, 2019 Mar 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that tool is for making your own custom versions like and Dimension presets i.e, the Adobe version is what I use but for private use its not recommended | needed and you can just edit them in any notepad software

you get a few samples with Adobe Dimension, can edit | make your own & they also have them on Adobe stock

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nvidia download has an install that will install the plugins into your Photoshop setup. I do not do 3d stuff so I have no need for those tools. I did install them in  my Standard CS6 setup just for grins. I did not try to install them into my CC trial nor will I. I do not want to add much to my trial install.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 11, 2014 Mar 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is there any update about this topic ?

Even if Photoshop CC is able to generate Normal from a Bump Map I've found that the workflow is not very user friendly.

First you have to assign the bump texture to the diffuse chanel, then you ask the Normal chanel to convert the Diffuse texture in a normal map, next as you have your normal map, you are able to re-assign the right color map in the diffuse chanel.

and edit the noramal map generated to be able to save it as a normal map for other usage (eg if you render your 3D file somewhere else)...

I think that a proper "normal filter" or better a "Layer style" should be the best solution.

JM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2014 May 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not working in x64 environment I know that for sure. I think it might have work in CC 32 bit if there's such thing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2014 Jul 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I found a way to get Nvidia tools working.

If you have a version of CS6 or CS5, install the tool for that version of photoshop.

Go to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5.1 (64 Bit)\Plug-ins\Filters\ and copy NormalMapFilter64.8bf

To your cc directory plug-in folder C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC (64 Bit)\Required\Plug-Ins\Filters\

Should work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2014 Sep 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried this. Copied the filter files into the CC plugin folder. It works, on an jpg file at least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 18, 2014 Sep 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it still needed with the new filters/3D/generate Normal maps and /generate Bump Maps in the last update of  PS CC 2014 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2014 Sep 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have also tried to install the plugin and it seems to work, so I'll show you how I did it so you can try to do.

-Download this https://developer.nvidia.com/sites/default/files/akamai/tools/files/Photoshop_Plugins_x64_8.55.0109....

-Install it with the foresight to select a fictitious folder, (Test folder is "C:\Program Files\Test\" ), as the destination in way to not affect the PSCC's installation

-Go to C:\Program Files\Test\Plug-Ins\Filters and copy "NormalMapFilter64.8bf"  to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC (64 Bit)\Required\Plug-Ins\File Filters\

-Go to C:\Program Files\Test\Plug-Ins\File Formats and copy "dds64.8bi"

-Go to C:\Program Files\Test\Presets\Scripts and copy "NVIDIA_CubeMapShuffler" and "NVIDIA_Mipster" to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2014\Presets\Scripts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2016 Mar 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems is not working on CC 2015, as this version uses as scripts .jsx extension and Nvidia plugin is using .js. Same crash as on the way i would instal it in normal location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2014 Sep 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there there is no need for the Nvidia tool anymore in Photoshop CC you have an integrated tool under Filters>3D> Generate Normalmap.

This will make your image a normalmap instantly like the Nvidia tool use to do and in my opinion it dos a better job then the nvidia tool.

You got the same tool for Bumb maps under Filters>3D> Generate Bumb map.

I hope this will help you even though its not the tool from Nvidia.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2014 Oct 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The function what you mean is very simple, Nvidia is much more powerful tool. We have subscription, but we must still using older version of Photoshop CC 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2016 Mar 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's working. thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2015 Mar 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop crashes every time I click the Nvidia tool. I am using the latest version of Photoshop CC (2014 release) on Windows 8. Tried all the methods listed above. None worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2015 Apr 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here as ShahbazSekhon.  Photoshop CC crashes when I click on the Nvidia tool from the Filters drop down.  I have three versions of CC installed (CC, CC 64, CC 2014) and none of them work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 04, 2015 Jul 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guy's. Did some dinging, and it seems to only work on Adobe Photoshop 5.0, 5.1, 6.0, 7.0, CS, CS2, CS3, CS4, CS5 and CS6. Also it just simply says here: http://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-texture-tools-adobe-photoshop before download. Hope this helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines