• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deactivation of ADE for account on crushed computers

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2015 Jul 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

last year i installed digital editions on two laptops. One laptop has since crushed and I want to activate the ADE on a new computer. How can deactivation be done so that I use a new computer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The crashed one can't be deactivated. A single account can be used to activate up to 6 PC and 6 handheld devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much but my but I am failing to activate on my new PC. Is there any procedure on how I should go about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please let us know the exact error message you are receiving while activating?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unable to download Error getting License. License Server Communication Problem:E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This error comes when you try to fulfill a book, which was already fulfilled by another user.

This is not an activation error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please kindly assist, I don't understand what this means. I purchased my ebook from Acted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For example, you purchased Book1 from a store. You will be receiving a token URLLink.ACSM file. When you try to open that, ADE will  prompt you to activate, to fulfill and download the Book1. You activate ADE with User1 credentials and book gets fulfilled against this user and gets downloaded for reading.

When you try to open the same ACSM file in machine2 which is activated with User2 credentials will thrown the error message saying "E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER"

Hope this is clear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2015 Jul 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your response was helpful.  I am able to use my second pc now. Thank you very much. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Date:Fri, 3 Jul, 2015 at 6:15

Subject:[Adobe Digital Editions] Deactivation of ADE for account on crushed computers

Deactivation of ADE for account on crushed computers

created by Dominic Michael in Adobe Digital Editions - View the full discussion

For example, you purchased Book1 from a store. You will be receiving a token URLLink.ACSM file. When you try to open that, ADE will  prompt you to activate, to fulfill and download the Book1. You activate ADE with User1 credentials and book gets fulfilled against this user and gets downloaded for reading.

When you try to open the same ACSM file in machine2 which is activated with User2 credentials will thrown the error message saying "E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER"

Hope this is clear.

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7716520#7716520 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7716520#7716520

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Adobe Digital Editions by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines