• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XML Signature

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2008 Jan 07, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to add and xml signature using an SSL certificate for a project requirement. Does anyone have an example of the code to make this happen. I have searched high and low and found very little on the topic unless I want to use .net.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2008 Jan 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not done this personally, but to get the ball rolling here ... You might be interested in this site. Take a look around. See if any of the entries could be of use to you. Have you looked for java examples as well? Those should be easier to incorporate into CF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have been looking into this for a couple of days. It seems like there should be a class we could call from Cold Fusion to add the signature. I had alady looked at that example. It is pretty complicated. I was hoping someone had already been through the trials of this and could give me some insights.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not read the entire series, but it seems as if much of the work is a one time setup: installing the jars, loading the cert, creating the java class to be called from CF, etcetera. So while I would not call this easy, perhaps it appears more complicated than it is? Hopefully someone else who has done this before will chime in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes this is what I believe to be the case also, I was hoping someone might be able to help get us to the starting gate to get going.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CF8 supports client certificates natively in CFHTTP. For earlier versions under Windows use this: http://www.cftagstore.com/tags/cfxhttp5.cfm

It has nothing to do with XML, although. Any HTTP request may include a client certificate for authentication.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see. You actually want to embed a signature in XML. You migt be able to do this using 2 Microsoft COMs. See this example for JS: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms754617.aspx.

You could try to convert this in CFSCRIPT, or use CFEXECUTE to execute a JScript via scripting host and grab the resulting output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2008 Jan 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Interesting method does anyone have anymore info on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say "XML signature" do you mean "client certificate"? Or it is something different?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Signing an XML document is the term that is used, It looks like examples provided is using Microsofts CAPICOM dll and C# as the language.

Thanks for you help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation