• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't save my Word Document

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2008 Jan 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to save my Word Document, and it's not saving whatsoever. What can I do to fix this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a Word issue or a RoboHelp issue? What are you doing with this Word document? What happens when you try to save it? How do you know it isn't being saved? Is it the only Word document you have that won't save? Have you contacted Microsoft Office support?

Answer any and all of these questions to give us more to go on, k?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a RoboHelp Issue. I'm updating some information in my Word Document in order to have all the necessary information needed when customers would want to view the WebHelp when the project is completed.
Nothing happens when i want to save the document. No messages or pop-up shows up to tell me if there is a problem.
It's the only Word Document that won't save. Specifically to RoboHelp I have several problems concerning RoboHelp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you referring to the compile function to generate your webhelp output? If so, what has changed since in the project? Is it possible that something you've added has caused a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the compile and save button function that is not working whatsoever. The items that i have changed is the line spacing, font, police, size of title. I wouldn't think of the changes that I have made would have created problems. No message error came up or anything like that.

Is it possible that it's because I have the 30-days trial for RoboHelp?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the problems related to a single topic? If so, what happens if you try and create a new topic and copy and paste the content. Can you create a new Word document and compile that? The trial version should have nothing to do with your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problems aren't related to a single topic. I created a new Word Document and tried to complied it. It still does the same thing...It doesnt save or compile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your project stored on a network drive? If so, move it off and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was on a network drive, and I removed it from there. But unfortunately it still doesn't work.

Would it be better if I simply restart my project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before you do that, try the info in this link as I suspect running on a network has corrupted your project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

Colum, I doubt that Peter's info on that page will apply here because as I understand it, this is a RoboHelp for Word project.

Folks, I know it appears to be a seductive thing to want to try and do. I'm talking about the desire of "sticking with the Devil you know" meaning Word.

If you are creating WebHelp output, it would behoove you to at least give RoboHelp HTML a once over. The editing interface is very "Word like". You will find that a great many things you struggle with Word over disappear in RoboHelp HTML.

Just a thought... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colum

My article is about RH HTML. Lissa is using RH for Word.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Duplicated post

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

Can you help me figure out why my Word Document isn't saving please.

It would be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been watching this thread and have no idea.

Create a new project and see if that will compile.

Please try to be more precise in your postings. In this one it starts that Word won't save the document. It's not until we have some replies and get to your third post in this thread that we find it is the Compile button that is not working.

As well as creating a new project, go back to the problem one. Make a change and use Word's save. Close the project and reopen. Are the changes still there? If they are, compile and see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i created another project, and it still doesn't save/compile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2008 Jan 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this problem. My project will not save or generate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 11, 2008 Jan 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't specifically confirm this, but I assume you are using RH for Word to build the project, intending to output WebHelp.

What version of RH for Word are you using?

What is the version of MS Word on your PC?

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2008 Jan 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RH7 Word with WebHelp output. I originally installed RH7 with MS Word 2003. In December, I upgraded to MS Word 2007. Do I need to uninstall RH7 and reinstall?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 14, 2008 Jan 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you upgraded to Word 2007 after you installed RH7 then yes you do need to uninstall/reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 15, 2008 Jan 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Nice relay, Colum.

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp