• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Flash Skins - any issues?

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2008 Jan 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just upgraded from RoboInfo 5 to RoboHelp 7 (long overdue)

I'm considering using a Flash skin, but am just curious if there's any issues in doing this.

Is it possible to add a new menu button if I use a Flash skin (I have experience using Flash, but don't think it is possible to edit the source code so I could create a new menu button as I've done previously with html).

Does using a Flash skin slow down the performance at all? I won't use a Flash skin just to get a few cool animations if I know that it slow down the application and affect the user experience.

Any other issues with using a Flash skin I should be aware of?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 08, 2008 Jan 08, 2008
Hi hughbetcha

There is no FlashHelp skins editor as there is in WebHelp. So adding a button is normally right out, unless you have some Flash skills. But you said you actually do have Flash skills. So you will be interested in the Skins Development Kit. Don't worry, it's not a separate thing you have to purchase. It's really a collection of documentation and some source files to use. You should find it in the following location:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 7\FlashHelp SDK

Cheers......

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi hughbetcha

There is no FlashHelp skins editor as there is in WebHelp. So adding a button is normally right out, unless you have some Flash skills. But you said you actually do have Flash skills. So you will be interested in the Skins Development Kit. Don't worry, it's not a separate thing you have to purchase. It's really a collection of documentation and some source files to use. You should find it in the following location:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 7\FlashHelp SDK

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! That's what I need. Thanks.

I wish they would have made the Breeze Flash template as an WebHelp version....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

I wish they would have made the Breeze Flash template as an WebHelp version....

That should be easy to achieve. Just screen capture the elements from the Breeze Flash template and insert them into the proper areas of a WebHelp skin! I've done it before with great success. Might take an hour or two, but it's actually a fun little exercise.

Just a thought... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2008 Jan 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Just screen capture the elements from the Breeze Flash template and insert them into the proper areas of a WebHelp skin!

I just might try that. Do you know if there happens to be a tutorial on doing this, or information on making your own skin?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2009 Mar 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hugh(betcha),

Did Hugh ever create that skin? Just curious.

Sharon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp