• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't de-authorize with correct Adobe ID and password.

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2015 Jul 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do know my Adobe ID and password, as I use them often with Creative Cloud and can sign in to Adobe sites.. 

Even with current and correct info, ADE refuses to deactivate my computer saying "Please try again after some time."

What kind of instruction is that? How much time?  Why?  Am I in timeout for trying to use the software?

Here are the details.  My wife wanted to use Overdrive to check out books from our local library.  She got the book and wanted to transfer it to her Nook Glowlight.  ADE had been installed, used once and ignored about 2.5 years ago.  ADE 1.7.2 - hadn't been updated since, and didn't recognize her Nook Glowlight; she didn't realize that ADE had been activated to a different (my account).  Wanted to update and activate to her own account.  Deleted and updated ADE to 4.0, but it's still attached to the my account. 

Can't deactivate....

NO support from chat.  No uninstall instructions anywhere.

The most on topic response I've found in these forums had an employee response, but real posted instructions....jeez.

I just want to reset the stupid software so I can use it...does it have to be this difficult?  I understand the limitations of DRM requirements, but why can't ADE allow me to deactivate or activate with more ease.  Why isn't there an old version uninstaller like there is for Creative Cloud?

So, I need to know how to de-authorize and reset ADE.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 05, 2015 Jul 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please try with the latest version of ADE at, Download | Adobe Digital Editions. Activation related issues are addressed as part of this release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although my post mentioned a previous version, I did indicate that I had

updated ADE, with the issues as stated, thus this response is

non-productive.

On Sun, Jul 5, 2015 at 11:25 PM Dominic Michael <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2016 May 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is absolutely the most stupid situation.  I don't use the ADE on my laptop but my mother wants to download library books to her NOOK.  Can't do it without being able to de-authorize with the correct email and Adobe password.  Is there a different password that I don't remember or know about?  I have successfully de-authorized in the past when helping my elderly parents.  Going to CHAT is a total waste of time.  They mess around, ask really "not on point" questions and then tell you you have to go to FORUMS.

Really, really frustrating!!!!

Regarding previous instructions to download the lastest version, I have done that and it didn't help at all.  I uninstalled ADE and downloaded the newest version thinking this might settle the issue - but the new version used the previous authorization.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 19, 2016 May 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows:

Close all applications.

Choose Start > Run.

In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.

In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept

Select the Adept key.

Choose File > Export.

In the Export Registry File dialog box, select Selected Branch under Export Range. Enter a name and location for the backup registry key, and then click Save.

Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.

In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.

Close the Registry Editor.

Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Macintosh:

quit Adobe Digital Editions.

Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash.

If you are using 10.7, see https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html

Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2016 Aug 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying this again and again on my Mac (El Capitan). I can "find" the activation.dat file, but I can't delete it. I keep getting an error message saying no program can be found to open it. If I go through the Navigation route you describe, I don't see Adobe Digital Editions. It's like necessary parts of the process have disappeared. I've uninstalled and re-installed ADE, but no luck. Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 14, 2016 Aug 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How you remove the file? If you remove it the macintosh should not try to open it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2016 Aug 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to use a back door to make it work, but I did manage to delete the activation.dat file (it's one of Mac's hidden files) and everything is working fine. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 16, 2016 Aug 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines