• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why will my FM 10 not create an index?

Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2015 Jul 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FM 10 was working fine until yesterday, then it stopped adding items to the index.  None of about 20 index tags are appearing in the index.  Just to test, I was able to erase one item, and then reapply it.  But none of the 20 or so new ones get added.  Very odd.

I uninstalled FM 10 and then reinstalled, but that has not helped.

My book is finished except for the index, and a publisher is waiting for it.  What can I do to resolve this problem?

Earle

561-242-4926

embus@theroadtoemmaus.org

WHAT IS PREVENTING A NUMBER OF MY INDEX TAGS FROM APPEARING IN THE ACTUAL INDEX???   ANYBODY GOT AN IDEA?   IS THIS A TOTALLY NEW PROBLEM???   MANY OF THEM COME THROUGH FINE.

EARLE    Monday, July  6

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 06, 2015 Jul 06, 2015

re: ... then it stopped adding items to the index.

The usual cause, with any version of FM, is that you created some other kind of Marker (commonly Cross Ref) just before adding the new markers at what were supposed to be Index terms. They get tagged with a Marker that is other than type Index, and get ignored.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2015 Jul 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

re: ... then it stopped adding items to the index.

The usual cause, with any version of FM, is that you created some other kind of Marker (commonly Cross Ref) just before adding the new markers at what were supposed to be Index terms. They get tagged with a Marker that is other than type Index, and get ignored.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines