• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flashplayer update crashes

Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2015 Jul 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, now tried three times.  Download the file, then open it. Creates window titled something like "download" which is white, nothing in it, just sits there.  Tried to refresh the box and it open INTERNET EXPLORER (have NEVER run that program on this computer, in 3 years!!! I use Firefox!!!)  In the download folder, the .exe file is gone.  It's not in trash, either.  Did it several times.  No , it's not my antivirus.  Thanks Adobe for your usual buggy buggy code!  Been dealing with you and your buggy code since 1995 - every upgrade you released, you shut down my graphics department for 2 days!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 02, 2015 Jul 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Funny, I have updated Flash Player since it was still a Macromedia product, and I never had the slightest problem whatsoever!  Sorry, shutting down a whole department because of a simple program update is just silly!

Have you ever tried the offline installers instead of the download manager?

[topic moved to Flash Player forum]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2015 Jul 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Silly?  I didn't say we WANTED to shut down the department (that IS silly).  I said the updated FORCED the department to shut down because they could not work because the software crashed because it was BUGGY and we had to work with Adobe for 2 days to get it patched and working!  Instead of calling people silly, why don't you take some training in reading comprehension.  They used to teach that (and test it) in schools.  I understand now you even get in college without that ability.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Offline installer?  You mean like download the file, then close the browser, then run it?  That's what I've done about 10 times now.  Adobe is oversimplified and no matter how much I search, it still brings me back to the same darn program which downloads flashplayer18_ha_install.exe

If you have a link for another file to download, please provide it!  Until then, you have NOT answered this question, and score no points.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 06, 2015 Jul 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sara Sommers wrote:

the same darn program which downloads flashplayer18_ha_install.exe

That is the download manager, no the offline installer.  It should not cause any problems either, but since I have never used it myself, I am not even going to try and get some debugging information from you.

The offline installers (for Window) can be downloaded from https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html#main-pars_te... (under the heading Still having problems?).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 03, 2015 Jul 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem, would appreciate to hear if you are able to figure it out.

Thanks,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 06, 2015 Jul 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[post regarding McAfee subscription removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines