Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Apply Conditional Build tag to Browse Sequence

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2008 Jan 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone-
I'm trying to control 6 conditional builds in one project. I have 6 working indexes and TOCs using build tags. I was wondering if there was a way to apply tags or somehow conditionalize the browse sequences. I'm running RH7.
Thanks in advance!
Wendy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi WendyCh

If you apply build tags at the topic level, the entire topic should be excluded from the build. This would also affect Browse Sequences. Would this not accomplish your goal?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,
Thanks for your reply. I guess I should have given a little more detail with my question. Each one of my builds represents a different product name. They share topics but each is called something different. I'm trying to add browse sequences where the product name is called out. However, I can't have all product names showing for each particular build. Does this make more sense?
Thanks again!!
Wendy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Wendy

I'm thinking you could accomplish it by simply creating multiple browse sequence files. Note that these exist as a simple ASCII text file bearing a .BRS file extension. So you could theoretically swap the desired .BRS file in prior to each build. It's a bit on the kludgy side, but should work.

Just a thought... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2008 Jan 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Wendy:

It seems you are having the same problem that I did. I have different User Guides however some of the Guides may have the same procedure. I was trying to setup the search so only one of the topics would return on the search and not 3 of them. I found something that actually had to do with RoboHelp x3 but I applied it to RoboHelp x5, where you need to do the following.

Create build TAG1 - this is for the ones you do not want search to return.
Create build TAG2 - this is for the ones you do want the search to return.

Apply the tags accordingly to each procedure accordingly.

Make copies of the following files in the WebHelp directorys just incase:

Folder WHDATA:
whftdata0.htm
whwdata0.htm

Folder WHXDATA:
whftdata0.xml
whfwdata0.xml

Folder WHGDATA
whlstf0.htm

GENERATE PRIMARY LAYOUT (This should be set to Webhelp)
1. Define the Conditional Build Expressioin to exclude topics that are not wanted in the search:
A. Click the Define button.
This wil bring up the Define Conditional Build Tag Expression dialog.
B. Click the Advance button.
C. Click the Not button.
D. Select TAG1 from the drop-down list of Available Conditional Build Tags.
E. Click the Add Tag button.
F. Click OK
G. Select your WebHelp Options, and then click Finish.

When you pull up your test or Dev site and perform a search you should only come up with one topic. I just finished this and it worked. Also, as a reminder I am working in x5 and not x7.

Good Luck,

Amy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2008 Jan 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BRILLIANT!!!
Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp