• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does any one know how to get rid of the management action "upgrade adobe flash" pop up window. Im on 10.5.8 (mac) and already upgraded as far as it goes?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2015 Jul 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does any one know how to get rid of the management action "upgrade adobe flash" pop up window. Im on  10.5.8 (mac) and already upgraded as far as it goes?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

Found out that this particular message is being sent out by jamfhelper  part of our casper suite. Thanks all for  your assistance

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark,

Can you please post a screenshot of the same?

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Installing Flash Player forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Picture 1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark,

This is an update for the Flash player.

It is required for the browsers you run.

Refer: Flash Player | Adobe Flash Player | Overview

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

considering OS 10.5.8 can't run any higher than version 10.3  I'm pretty sure it cant be upgraded. How do i stop the notification

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi markl40635404,

That pop-up dialog window is not a Flash Player update notification dialog window.  Flash Player update dialog window looks different and it would state 'Adobe Flash Player' not 'Adobe Flash'. I've not seen this particular window before and am not familiar with it. Is this something that started popping up recently on your system?

To disable Flash Player update notifications do one of the following:

• Select the 'Never check for updates (not recommended)' radio button in the Flash Player preference (in your screenshot)
  • Edit the mms.cfg file located at /Library/Application Support/Macromedia and set AutoUpdateDisable=1

Since you're processor is Intel (instead of PPC) you may be able to upgrade to OS X 10.6, which would allow you to install the latest version of Flash Player.  There is quite a bit of information on the internet about this (searching for 'upgrade OS X 10.5 to 10.6).

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unfortunately these machines cant be upgraded due to configuration of other software. The first report I had of it was 7/2/15. I'll try the mms cfg file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi markl40635404,

To reiterate, this is not a Flash Player dialog window.  Ensuring Flash Player updates is disabled in the mms.cfg file will just ensure that Flash Player doesn't check for an update and that the real Flash Player update notification dialog window doesn't display.  Which is your desired outcome.

I suspect you have some other software installed on the system that is triggering this dialog window.  I would check the system log files to see if there's anything recorded there at the time this dialog window popped up.  It may give you a clue as to what is triggering this dialog window.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue.  I uninstalled Adobe and reinstalled 10.3

I have the exact same OS, processor and RAM as Mark.  The message also started popping up around the start of the month.  I did not install any new software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found out that this particular message is being sent out by jamfhelper  part of our casper suite. Thanks all for  your assistance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi markl40635404,

Thanks for updating the thread with the source of the message.  Hopefully it'll help others experiencing the same behaviour.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines