Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2008 Jan 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

I need a link in CHM. Linking needs to be like this:

Link Name: Hello
Link File: Hello.txt

When I copy CHM to different folder, and user clicks on the link "Hello", it should open up the "Hello.txt" file present in the same directory, where CHM is present.

Help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
-Ruziyo.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 09, 2008 Jan 09, 2008
Yes,,HTML Help Shortcut Control solved my problem.
Kudos, Thanks for the help.
-Ruziyo

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ruziyo. All you need to do is link to the hello.txt file and add it to your baggage files. That way it is included in the compile and does not need to be shipped with the CHM. That is unless the hello.txt file is a "live" file that is being contantly updated. In that case you'd be best to locate the file at a URL and link to that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ruziyo and Colum

While Colum's suggestion is valid, meaning that you may include a text file among your baggage files and open it from there, I suspect you also want to save things in this file for later recall, no? You won't be able to do that using the baggage method, because the .TXT file is simply sitting in a place where updates cannot occur. This is like burning to a CD.

What you can do, however, is to insert a HTML Help Shortcut control and program the control to start Windows Notepad and look for the .TXT file. If you take this approach, you don't even need to ship a .TXT file. If your goal is to create a link for a place for your user to store notes, this will do it. If the file doesn't exist, Notepad will assume that name and will create the file on the fly.

Hopefully this helps... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yes,,HTML Help Shortcut Control solved my problem.
Kudos, Thanks for the help.
-Ruziyo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp