• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Computer

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2015 Jul 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought a new computer, because the other one is broken. Adobe Digital Edition won't let me use it on the new computer? Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 07, 2015 Jul 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you please detail us the exact issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried asking a staff member but he told me there is no support for ADE.  Because the ADE account was on my old computer, it doesn't recognize the new computer and won't let me use it. I know I'm supposed to be able to have one account on multiple devices, but I have no idea how to add my new computer.  : (

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2015 Jul 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can have max to 6 computers and 6 handheld devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Staff: apparently this is worng. I've got a message wich says "you can use the same ID which has been already used to authoriuzed another computer".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2015 Jul 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@ lorenzoc95214176

This reason behind this error message. This device is activated with an Anonymous account which has a unique UUID stored in the registry. When you try to activate the same machine with different Adobe ID (UUID), this error message will be thrown.

Solution1: Deactivate the anonymous account and activate with the existing Adobe ID

Note: In this case, the books you have fulfilled with the Anonymous account will be permanently lost.

If you like to continue reading the books fulfilled by Anonymous account, you have to follow solution 2

Solution 2: You have to assign the UUID of anonymous ID to newly created Adobe ID. For more information please refer to, Adobe Digital Editions – Anonymous Activation

Hope this solves your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Dominic.  That's what I thought. How do I add the new computer? Do I go into my Adobe account? I'm trying to open a book rented from my library.  The error says "Your computer is not authorized to open {the book} because it is authorized to a vendor ID"  Is this a different problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2015 Jul 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The book you are trying to fulfill might be authorized with different Vendor ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines