• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FlashPlayerCPLApp.cpl Windows 8.1

Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe-Employee (specially chris.campbell),

After going through a uninstallations-video of Chris I now have the Problem, that I need a new FlashPlayerCPLApp.cpl (and the second one like ~FlashPlayerApp.exe)

Yes, u have the message here in the Adobe-Forum not to delite these files if u have Windows 8.1, but i only sew these makr too late (I was watching u video on youtube). So, how/where can I get these two files?

How do I do a clean install of Flash Player?

Sincerely

DarioDS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

I'm sorry that this occurred!  This FAQ (and the video) were created before Windows 8 was made and when I added in the big red text warning Windows 8/8.1 users, I didn't consider that there might be folks just using the video.  I'll see if I can add in some text to the video warning others in the future.

As for your system, I think this can still be fixed.  Here's what I would do:

1. Open the "Programs and Features" control panel

2. Click the "View installed updates" link on the right side of the c

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 03, 2015 Jul 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DarioDS‌,

Please refer  - Flash Player Issues | Windows 8 Page for installing Flash Player on your Win8.1 machine

--

Piyush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 06, 2015 Jul 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thx but it doesn't help. I asked for the Files "FlashPlayerCPLApp.cpl" and ~"FlashPlayerApp.exe". So I don't have theme. So I can't "enable" Flash Player, becouse I dont have them. Also the last step (Update Internet Explorer to get latest version of Flash Player) doen't work because I have the lastest Version of Internet-Explorer (Error: Update KB3074219 still installed). I dont need a new internet-Explorer. I only need to undo the steps (delete files) that are described in the video of chris.campbell.

I ONLY NEED THESE TWO FILES. PLEASE GIVE ME A LINK WHERE I CAN DOWNLOAD IT (These two files or the hole Adobe-Flashplayer for Windows 8.1).THX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DarioDS‌,

Flash Player installation on Win8.x is managed via windows updates. So everytime you update to a latest version of Windows or update your IE Flash Player is updated automatically.

The Flash Player Issues | Windows 8‌ Page (at the bottom) has a Windows 8.1 update for IE with the latest flash player, on installing that file all the files deleted are restored.

Hope this resolves your query.

Thanks

Piyush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update Internet Explorer doesn't work because I have the lastest Version of Internet-Explorer (Error: Update KB3074219 still installed)... So, you really tell me that Adobe is so shit and doesn't have own (independant) files? ^^lg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry that this occurred!  This FAQ (and the video) were created before Windows 8 was made and when I added in the big red text warning Windows 8/8.1 users, I didn't consider that there might be folks just using the video.  I'll see if I can add in some text to the video warning others in the future.

As for your system, I think this can still be fixed.  Here's what I would do:

1. Open the "Programs and Features" control panel

2. Click the "View installed updates" link on the right side of the control panel

3. Locate the KB3074219 update (I searched for mine)

4. Uninstall the update

5. Reinstall from one of these links:

I tested this out (after manually deleting the control panel files in my syswow64 folder and when I reinstalled the KB update, the control panel files were replaced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 09, 2015 Jul 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANKS^^ After I also added a White-List to the Add-On it works (In Standard you have a blank White list and Adobe doesn't work without these list - hope you understand what I mean). So, thx for the tip with uninstalling the Windows update. (and also for the video ect, because my flashplayer works now without any fault).

To your YoutubeVideo (you video has a lot of hits in the last time)

Why you don't just change the Title into

"How to do a clean install of Flash Player - NOT WORKS WITH WINDOWS 8" ???
And ad also a warning in the Description of your YoutubeVideo or give a link to your Post here ;=)

Sincerely

DarioDS

P.S. Adobe is still annoying not have his own files (but have good staff) xD^^thx.lg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines