• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Topics missing when compile HTML Help

Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2007 Jul 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have written and maintain Help systems for two products in RoboHelp 5.0. Each has compiled fine in WinHelp 4 format for years. When I compile either of them in HTML Help format (single .chm file), then double-click the resulting .chm file to open it, the Contents and Index appear to be populated properly, but I cannot open a topic when I double-click one in the Contents or Index. The topic window remains blank. I would think I should be able to open the .chm file independent of any application and open all topics contained within it, just as I can with a .hlp file.

Should I be able to have access to all of my topics (about 2,000 indexed and 650 context-sensitive) just by double-clicking the .chm file? Are there specific project settings I need to set a specific way to get HTML Help to include all topics? Anything else I might be overlooking?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Valorous Hero , Jul 05, 2007 Jul 05, 2007
Hi pgcalc and welcome to our community

I would guess you may be running the .CHM from a LAN? (Network)

If so, take a look at this link.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi pgcalc and welcome to our community

I would guess you may be running the .CHM from a LAN? (Network)

If so, take a look at this link.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Rick,

Thanks for the help. Running the .chm on a network was definitely part of the problem. However, I'm now finding that while I can open the topics that are listed in my Contents or Index, most of my topics are not being included in either of them. One of my Help systems uses a "See Also" button in most topics and the other doesn't. I don't seem to have a problem with dropped topics with the system that doesn't use "See Also". Could there be an issue with converting "See Also" to HTML Help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp