• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After upgrading to new version Digital Editions won't open. It's in the task bar, but never completely opens.

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2015 Jun 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used Digital Editions for quite a while, mostly for library eBooks.  Recently I bought an Android tablet and wanted to read an eBook I bought from Kobo on it.  I had previously downloaded the eBook onto DE and was able to read it fine there on the PC.  I then downloaded the eBook to my tablet and went through the hoops to have it registered on the tablet.  I wouldn't be surprised if I could no longer read it on the PC but when I tried to do so DE wouldn't open on the PC, at all.  It does show up in the task bar but never opens up a window.  I've reinstalled and nothing changed.  I left it up while I ran an errand and nothing had changed when I returned.  I'm now at a loss and looking for guidance on how to proceed, or what else to try.  I'm no expert on DE but need it for eBooks, primarily.  I called support and they sent me to the experts here on the forums. 

Any thoughts?

Glen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2015 Jun 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<rant>

I use Kobo, and Overdrive for the library, and other sources when I read DRM protected ebooks.  All require Adobe Digital Editions, and I am happy to oblige.  In the past it has worked quite well.  But I now am completely unable to open ADE (see initial entry).  Naturally I went to Adobe support for service since ADE is their product.  After spending some slow time with support, wherever that is, I was told that they are not able to assist with my problem and that I would certainly get some great assistance on the forums.  After 10 days I've had no response on the forum.  So what good was that?  I'm not complaining about the forum members because I may have poorly stated the problem, or maybe this is a problem with no solution.  Or maybe this is the incorrect forum.  But does it make sense that I now find myself unable to read the books that I DID pay for because a third party company with a virtual monopoly on software required to control DRM doesn't work?  Is there any alternative?  As an avid photographer considering a subscription to Adobe's Photoshop etc cloud-ware I must seriously question the wisdom of using a company that does not provide support for all of its products.

</rant>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Communities....huh.  Nearly a month and not a peep.  I guess it shouldn't be a surprise given this after I download digital editions I cannot open file  which hasn't had a response in a much longer time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I created a new Adobe ID.  Nothing changed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines