Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Connection error????

Jun 07, 2015 Jun 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, when i try to install flashplayer, it fails. I get a message saying connection error.

Strange as I have perfect connection when this repeatedly happens

Thankyou

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2015 Jun 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jaimes18543978,

In order to provide help as quickly as possible, please put the following information into your post:

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2015 Jul 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem with Firefox, Chrome and IE on Windows 7 64-bit. IE screenshot attached. The same thing happens when I click on Retry. I had to uninstall Flash because every single freaking time I went to a new web page, in all three browsers, I would get the "Flash has stopped working. Click continue or stop." If I waited 10 seconds or so, the message would go away and the page would load. I thought I'd start over clean, but now I can't even install it.

Thanks.Install Adobe Flash Player - Internet Explorer.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2015 Jul 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works if you opt in for the McAfee software. Just sayin'. Haven't had anyone respond to me about why that is, but there you go. I don't think anyone around here knows what day of the week it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This still didn't work for me. I continue to get the Connection failed error. Thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@owlswell

This is the online installer returning the 'connection error'.  I'd like to get some log files from you to troubleshoot further.  Please provide the two log files (Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.lo) located at C:\Users\YourUserID\AppData\Local\Temp\Adobe_ADMLogs using the instructions posted here: How to share a document.  Post the URL to the log files in your reply.

@jaimes18543978

What OS are you using?

@benh76973286

I replied to your other thread on your experience with the installer when not selecting and selecting McAfee.  Please respond on that thread.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the files, Maria.

Adobe_ADM.log: Shared Files - Acrobat.com

Adobe_GDE.log: Shared Files - Acrobat.com

jaimes18543978, as stated in my original post, I am using windows 7 64-bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meanwhile you might want to try uninstall flash players prior to installing them with the uninstaller here:

http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/support/uninstall_flash_player.exe

Once that is done you can download the 3 offline install files at the bottom of this page:

Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows

These are the actual install files. IF that does not work you might have to try this in addition to the above:

Can't install updates

Best Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi owlswell,

Thank you for posting the install log files.  I do see an error in the file and will forward it to the team responsible for the online installer.

Do you have Service Pack 1 installed on your Win7 system?

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2015 Jul 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!. SP1 is installed on my PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2015 Jul 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thank you for confirming the SP version.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines