Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't find my connected eReader in Device list on Adobe Digital Editions

Jul 07, 2015 Jul 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a new (Windows) computer and am trying to transfer books from Adobe Digital Editions onto my Sony PRS-350, a "supported" device.  However, when I turn the eReader on, connect it to my computer, and then open Adobe Digital Editions, my eReader doesn't show up in the Device list, so I can't transfer a book to it.  Any solutions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 07, 2015 Jul 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADE doesn't support MTP protocol, that's the reason its not getting mounted in ADE.

You can manually move to book from "C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Documents\My Digital Editions" to your device.

Note: Make sure your device is activated with the same account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your suggestion.  When I tried that, the book transferred to my eReader, but when I tried to open it, I got an error message "Protected by Digital Rights Management", and it won't open the book.  Is that because my device is not activated with the same account, and how do I do that?  Thanks again for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for starting this thread. Exactly what I needed. Just used the manual directions to download to my Nook Color. When I opened the file on my reader I was prompted for my Adobe ID and password. It worked! Hope your issue is as easily resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2015 Jul 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, you have to activate the reader with the same Adobe ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines