• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player blank screen when trying to install

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2015 Jul 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been getting messages from Firefox to update Adobe Flash Player on my Windows 7 laptop. However, when I try it never succeeds.

I've shut down my popup blocker, downloaded the file from Adobe site, double clicked to Run, and said yes to allow the changes. I then get a small white empty window labeled "Adobe Download Manager." Even after 3 hours, nothing changed. If I close that window, IE opens to the Adobe Flash Player Download Page which again is a blank white page. When I close that window, the downloaded file for install has disappeared.  (Screenshots below.)

I've uninstalled the old version of Flash (17....) and tried again. Same thing.

Restarted the PC several times. It's been almost 24 hours of trying and nothing. Aggravated.

I've attempted to download from IE but it just gives me that 2nd blank window and never moves.

I notice the Chrome has a flash player already installed and it works fine. Time to give up Firefox as well as IE?

I like Firefox. Can anyone help?

Adobe.jpg

IE.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi cl7289999‌,

By any chance have you tried turning off your antivirus just for the installation. If that doesn't work too please find our offline installer at Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows Page for both IE and Firefox.

Remember to close and restart your browser once the installation is complete.

Thanks

Piyush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah!  The alternate Firefox download worked great.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2015 Jul 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines