• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I attempted to download the Unbuntu version of flash through my software center but my software center says it doesn't exsists it was working fine till yesterday now I can't watch twitch streams. Youtube still works fine.

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2015 Jul 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I attempted to download the Unbuntu version of flash through my software center but my software center says it doesn't exsists it was working fine till yesterday now I can't watch twitch streams. Youtube still works fine.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean to say I tried to download through the site which promted me to use my software center.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ghostofkrows,

What version of Ubuntu and is this 32- or 64-bit?

We hand-off the bits to Canonical and they are the ones that make them available on the Ubuntu software center.  When going to get.adobe.com/fashplayer and selecting 'APT for Ubuntu' you will be prompted to use the Software Center.  When you select Software Center the update should be available.  If not, you may need to update the repositories on your system. Although, I didn't do that and the update displayed in the Software Center as being available.

ubuntu_flash.jpg

Select 'More info' and scroll down to see the version:

Ubuntu_Flash_version.jpg

I have verified (with Ubuntu 14.04.1) that the bits are available on both 32- and 64-bit Ubuntu 

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running the 64-bit version. I am new to Linux and I have no Idea what you mean by update the repositories on your system. I have downloaded the latest version and all the updates it has told me to in the last few days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2015 Jul 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ghostofkrows,

What browser are you using?

What happens when you go to the Software Center (not Software Updater) and search for Flash? 

This is from Ubuntu 14.04.1.  If your version is different, it'll look slightly different.

Ubuntu_Software_Center.jpg

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot from 2015-07-10 11:34:27.png

this is where I go to download the update to Flashplayer I choose the option that is shown in this picture because it makes the most logical sense.

After choosing to use my software center (the only option available) this is the screen I get.

Screenshot from 2015-07-10 11:40:54.png

see if I search Adobe I can make the plugin appear too but it does absolutely nothing just brings up a bunch of comment from people having the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ghostofkrows,

I'm not sure why it's not working when you go to get.adobe.comf/flashplayer.  'APT for Ubuntu 10.04+' is the correct option to select.  I am not able to reproduce this behaviour.  When I use that workflow, Adobe Flash Plugin is found in the Software Center.  What version of Ubuntu are you using?

Your second screen shot indicates Flash Player is already installed, since the only option is 'Remove' (right-hand column).  If Flash Player was not installed, the option would be 'Install' as in my screenshot in post #2.

In Firefox, go to about:plugins and see if Flash Player is listed.  If so, what version is listed?  11.2.202.481 is the latest version, released earlier this week:

Ubuntu_Firefox_about_plugins.jpg

If you don't have 11.2.202.481 installed, do the following:

1. uninstall Flash Player (select Remove in the Software Center)
  2. Launch a terminal window, type: sudo apt update
    1. Enter the root password when prompted
  3. After the update completes, go back to the Software Center and search for Flash
  4. In the results, click on Adobe Flash Plugin then click the More Info button
  5. Scroll down to the section below Optional Add-ons and it should display the version available for installation:
  6. If it doesn't show version 11.2.202.481 then something is preventing the repositories from updating

Ubuntu_Flash_version.jpg

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2015 Jul 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

following your example I am supposedly up to date any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I have good news! I think.... Either way I was able to solve the problem I was experiencing. I followed the how to guide on twitch to resolve my grey screen of death problem. The solution was to turn off all my plug ins in my browser and turn them back on one at a time. Following this step I got it to work. I will provide with a screen shot to see if there is any reason why Flash would not work with these plug ins. secondly I tried what you suggested in the last response and it did nothing. As to say I downloaded the plug in but when I tried to "download" it for the chromium browser I got the could not find page again that I previously screen shotted. Anyway I can see the content so I am happy it is halfway working and for me that is good enough for now. Here is the screen shot of my plug ins I am pretty sure the are not malicious and I have not downloaded any plug ins myself these came with the browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind that cleared up the problem but when I went to a different stream I experienced the same problem. I am going to repeat the steps you mentioned above after I delete Firefox I will attempt to reload Firefox and flash player and see if that solves it. I guess this means the problem is on my end though so I am zeroing in on a solution any help you provide would be useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

still no fix still won't work right a gleam of hope but it is not meant to be. I migh zero my hard drive and reinstall ubuntu but I had hoped it would not come to this and still I don't think it will solve my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines