Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp x5 - Hyperlinks - Page cannot be displayed

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2008 Jan 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi:

I have a project in Webhelp (via RoboHelp x5) where I have a print button indicated in several procedures that are hyperlinked to a form which is in either Word or PDF formates. After I have Generate RoboHelp HTML, then click the Print button, the links display "Page cannot be displayed". This happens for most of the pages but there are a selected few that work. If I perform a View prior to Generating WebHelp they work fine. I tried adding the Baggage Files but this did not work. Any help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bdeeb

If you have pages that link to baggage files, the links will fail when you generate if you use the "Mark of the Web" (MOTW) option and are running locally off the C drive. The only way I'm aware of to work past this is to create redirect pages that do not have MOTW. Then add these as baggage files. Reference the redirect pages from where you want to link.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Rick:

Thanks for your quick respone. I have a few baggage folders of which reference the links that do work (about 3 of them). I have never used the MOTW option. Usually I create a button or verbiage then I hyperlink it to the procedure on our server. I then compile into Dev., check everything is OK then I compile into Live which is published on our companies Intranet. These are end user procedures only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp