Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tech Comm Suite--FM TOC not importing properly

Jan 09, 2008 Jan 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just returned from an extended (6-week) break and found that none of the issues I was having with the new Tech Comm Suite were resolved while I was away. Since I cannot seem to find any posts concerning these issues, I am assuming that these my concerns are due to user error. Here is a summary of what I have been doing and the results I get.

When I add a FM book to a RH project and specify to Convert the FM TOC and creating a new associated TOC, my new TOC in RH results in a list of topics all at the same level (no books or sub-books based on the original format of the FM TOC as promised). My FM TOC does contain definite differences in indent, size and weight of the various heading levels, but these are not carried through to my help project. Am I missing some key setting or style mapping trick?

I hope someone can help me with this...I really don't want to have to manually format the TOC everytime I update the help project!!!

Thanks Much--
Kim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 10, 2008 Jan 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone else run into this issue when using the Tech Comm Suite to single source?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 10, 2008 Jan 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid the lack of replies stems from: 1) the Tech Comm Suite is still new; and 2) the Tech Comm Suite (and FM) is used by very few outfits. (I know I haven't seen FM since 1995!)

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 14, 2008 Jan 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Please ensure the following

1. The styles you used to generate TOC in FrameMaker are also used for pagination in RoboHelp. Are you using the same styles?
2. Ignore autonumbering for the styles you are using for pagination. If you are using the option "Convert Autonumbering to HTML lists" and you have not selected "Ignore Autonumbers", RoboHelp will consider the style as HTML list style.

If both of the above are valid, please mail me a sample TOC in FrameMaker (vivekj at adobe dot com).

regards
Vivek Jain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp