• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publishing problem: Process stops at 'coversion complete'

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2007 Dec 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's not much to be said here... Once Presenter gets to the 'Conversion Complete' stage it just seems to pause. I have the option of viewing the output (on my hard disk) or closing the process. I've let it sit for a while, trying to see if it will move onto the next step...and nothing. It never gets uploaded to the server.
TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is because you are publishing locally. You need to select the tab on the left for "Adobe Connect" not "My Computer". That should fix the problem.

Jorma@RealEyes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!!

I feel really stupid now for not realizing that before...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2008 Jan 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem. I have a 2 hour long presentation (audio file) and one pdf attachment with about 118 slides.. When I hit publish it freezes during the SWF conversion. This happens both on local disk publishing and on Connect Server publishing. The progress bars stops halfway and stays there forever.

Any solutions ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 hours! Wow, that is a long presentation. To see if it is a size issue you may try splitting it up into two (or more) presentations. If you do that and they publish just fine then you'll have your answer.

to split up the presentation, keep the original and just delete some slides from it and do a SAVE AS to create a new PPT and PPC file. Try this with a presentation that is 1/2 and 1/4 the size of your original.

Also remember that there is a 100 MB upload limit to Connect so even if you get your 2 hour presentation published it may not publish to Connect. And as a thought about designing learning material, think about how long your user is going to be willing to sit in front of their computer watching a presentation (and most screen savers are set to come on after 15-30 mins).

Jorma@RealEyes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are a CME organization fro cancer nurses. Our nurses view our web version of our live symposia, so indeed they do sit in for 1 to 2 hours on the computer watching our presentations to get their continuing education credits. We usually build these modules manually using Flash but it takes months, the whole point to use Presenter was to expedite this process.
It still stays frozen when I try to publish locally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I do understand the recurring training deal, have had to do the same thing for lawyers. I guess first I would ask if you have Presenter 6.2. An update to the most recent version may help. If that doesn't work I would then leave it to publish overnight and see if it is just taking so long because it is so large (you may have already tried this). Finally, if nothing else seems to be working, I would take the PPT, PPC and file folder that hods the attachments and other stuff and put it on another computer and try publishing it there.

If none of those work, then there may be another reason that you are having this issue and I'll see if I can find any other answers.

Jorma@RealEyes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try to leave it publishing overnight. The audio file is rather large. Thanks for the other tips, I will troubleshoot all of them.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2008 Jan 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: keari
There's not much to be said here... Once Presenter gets to the 'Conversion Complete' stage it just seems to pause. I have the option of viewing the output (on my hard disk) or closing the process. I've let it sit for a while, trying to see if it will move onto the next step...and nothing. It never gets uploaded to the server.

I am having exactly the same problem as discribed above here with Presenter 6.2 and PPT 2007. When attempting to publish to our hosted server account I am getting an "internal server error 500". So both ways don't work.

Does anybody know a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2008 Jan 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gelmiton: I don't think you have the same problem as Keari.

Do you get the error before entering you username and password?

Are you assigned to the Authors group?

John K.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2008 Jan 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
No, I am getting the error during the dialog "Your presentation will be published to the following location, etc." with the status "publishing" in the status bar.

Yes, I am assigned to the authors group.

Last night I have tested with other presentations and with most of them I had the same problem publishing locally and to the server.
However, suddenly everything worked just fine with one presentation. Now, I don't see the difference between this presentation and the other ones that don't work. All of them have been created with the latest version of PPT (Office 2007) and contain similar content (no flash, no videos).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources