• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why the F**K do you allways want me to install the mcaffee security scan, when I have to download the newest flashplayer?? It is very annoying, that the check box for it is automaticly turned on. I pay a lot of money for your products and I don't have the

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2015 Jul 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why the F**K do you allways want me to install the mcaffee security scan, when I have to download the newest flashplayer?? It is very annoying, that the check box for it is automaticly turned on. I pay a lot of money for your products and I don't have the time for that shit, when I accedently download that "security scan" again.. So please leave me alone with it and change the box into that I have to set that hook if I want it and not the other way around. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2015 Jul 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI wolfn86397505‌

Here's a response by Jeromie

=========================

Sorry for the frustration.  While I totally get where you're coming from, Flash Player is tremendously expensive to maintain and distribute, and we offer it to you for free.  The decision about how we do the relevant cost-recovery happens way above my pay grade.

The distribution workflow is tested extensively by a small army of quality engineers with every single update.  It's really time-tested at this point.  We have seen instances where third-party ad-blocking or anti-tracking plugins interfere with the JavaScript that we wrote and have the net effect of disabling the opt-out mechanism, but it's pretty rare.  If third-party software you employed re-wrote the code in that specific scenario, there's not really anything reasonable we can do to detect or prevent it.

That said, most of the time it's simply that people were trying to get back to the thing they were doing when they were interrupted by the updater, and they just missed the opt-out checkbox.

I've personally researched this extensively to ensure that we're always respecting the selected choice (feel free to go back through my post history and look at the dozens of similar investigations I've worked, with zero actual failures) and am pretty confident at this point that we're doing the right thing (at least from a technical perspective). If you show me a video capture or give me a set of repro steps that is consistently broken, it would be at the top of my priority list, and I'd be more than happy to escalate it directly to the installer team and get it resolved.  For better or worse, despite making that offer at least several dozen times, I've never seen a case that resulted in a bug on our side and I've spent hundreds of hours looking at it.

On the good news front, there are a couple ways that you can enjoy Flash Player without running into the bundled offers:

• Use Chrome - Flash Player is a bundled component of Chrome, so there's nothing to update or install beyond Chrome itself.
  • Use Internet Explorer on Win8+ - Same deal here.  Flash Player is built in to the browser, so all updates come directly from Windows Update.

Best regards,

Jeromie Clark

--

Piyush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 11, 2015 Jul 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Mcafee and Norton 'scams' are just that.

Those companies as well as Google pays Adobe to put that crap on there. Does Adobe know what happens when users have more than one Anti-Virus running on a machine? Probably not; A RESOURCE HOG!

I am going to question the claim of " tremendously expensive to maintain and distribute ". That depends on the reference of expense. Even if the cost was 1-10m /year, that's a drop in the bucket for a multi billion dollar corporation.

Adobe Stock has doubled in the past two years, and their revenue for Q2 2015 was 1.16 BILLION! That's BILLION not Million. So unless Norton, Mcafee and Google are contributing 100's of million which is very unlikely. The majority of that was cloud services according to the first few minutes of the report.

ref:

Earnings call - Investor Relations - Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not - as posted a million times already in this forum - use the offline installers, which are not bundled with any 3rd-party crapware?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's because that Adobe does not make it easy to find the offline installers for the novice PC user. They think that is the only way b/c Adobe chooses not to post a link stating something like " All Flash Downloads " Thats what Java has done right off to the left and provides the offline installers literally one click away.

It is clear that:

1) People need Flash unfortunately as website refuse to migrate towards html5 streaming

2) Adobe would rather spend hours and thousands of dollars supporting these forums with FTE's than make it simple on the users. I wrote a full blow installer that uses the offline installers and it works beautifully, simple double click solution with not drama of 3rd party bloatware. Did the same for Java no more pain!

Not to stir the pot or anything but that's what it seems from my end.

my 2cents

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines