Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to encode mp4 files to work with livepkgr

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2015 Jul 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hy guys,

I have 2 servers, Server 1 with FMS 4.5 and Server 2 with AMS 5 both on Ubuntu 14.04. On Server 1 a build a custom application, Server 2 uses just livepkgr for serving clients.

My appliction on Server 1 receive 3 streams from FMLE. In this application i have a "chain" of streams that carry out each stream independent. At the end of streams chain i republish each stream to Server 2 livepkgr application.

So, this is working great with live streams, i can serve RTMP, HTTP, HLS, HDS.

In Server 1 in the chain of streams i get a stream and play an mp4 file. The livepkgr application on Server 2 works well with this "switch" on RTMP, but the application don't record the stream, so on mobile i don`t see the switch... i see something green till the file ends and the stream that switched on file goes back on live.

I tried to encode a file with Adobe Media Encoder with H264 on profile Main and Level 3.2, and it works great on mobile too.

I tried to encode the same file with ffmpeg, handbreak... and doesent work on mobile.

So, i need a solution to re-encode files on linux and the output files to be good to work with AMS livepkgr application.

Thaks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2015 Aug 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How exactly do you do relay, republish to the second server's livepkgr?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2015 Aug 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that is a easy job, took me some time to do it. I found the solution here on forum.

Assume that you have a multi-bitrate stream, so you have 3 streams with 3 distinct names. Create a function on the server-side and send send every one of the streams to that function.

theStream1 = Stream.get(stream1);

application.nc1 = new NetConnection();

application.nc1.connect( "rtmp://example.com/livepkgr" );

application.ns1 = new NetStream(application.nc1);

application.ns1.onStatus = function(info){

if (info.code == "NetStream.Publish.Start"){

var repObj = new Object();

repObj.local = "stream1";

repObj.remoteStream = "republishStream1";

repObj.remoteEvent = "republishEvent";

}

}

application.ns1.setBufferTime(5);

application.ns1.attach(theStream1);

application.ns1.publish("republishStream1?adbe-live-event=republishEvent&adbe-record-mode=record", "live" );

application.nc1.onBWDone = function(){

}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that server-side app running on host server or on the edge (server 2)? Is this scheme resilient, eg will the app reconnect on network or encoder issues?

I am doing relay of rtmp streams (MBR encoded by fmle baseline/H264/aac) for livepkgr like this:

ffmpeg -v warning -re -i "rtmp://host/live/stream1 live=1" -c copy -flags +global_header -copyts -f flv rtmp://edge/livepkgr/stream1&adbe-live-event=liveevent

ffmpeg -v warning -re -i "rtmp://host/live/stream2 live=1" -c copy -flags +global_header -copyts -f flv rtmp://edge/livepkgr/stream2&adbe-live-event=liveevent

livepkgr does generally the job but the streams are broken.

ffprobe -v verbose -i http://edge/live.m3u8

drops out a lot of errors:

[NULL @ 0000000002d658e0] non-existing PPS 0 referenced

[hls,applehttp @ 0000000000326f00] Invalid stream index 2

[NULL @ 0000000002d658e0] non-existing PPS 0 referenced

[hls,applehttp @ 0000000000326f00] Invalid stream index 2

My guess is that livepkgr need some "adobe"-way to connect/disconnect, that is compatibility problem.

Fortunately, ffmpeg does HLS so I run it like:

ffmpeg -v warning -re -i "rtmp://edge/live/stream1 live=1" -c copy -bsf:v h264_mp4toannexb -hls_time 8 -hls_flags delete_segments -hls_wrap 9 -f hls stream1.m3u8

ffmpeg -v warning -re -i "rtmp://edge/live/stream2 live=1" -c copy -bsf:v h264_mp4toannexb -hls_time 8 -hls_flags delete_segments -hls_wrap 9 -f hls stream2.m3u8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't use origin/edge scheme, i have 2 independent servers. For the moment the app from the first server doesent re-connect after a network failure, but i think this can be done easy with a listener.

I also tried to use ffmpeg to push streams but i ended using FMLE. It's better and it's safer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines