• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

X7 Not Responding

Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2008 Jan 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw a similar topic but it was related to X5 and seemed to hit a dead end.

I converted a project from X5 to X7 yesterday and had no problems importing it or working with the imported project. There was nothing that indicated a problem. But when I attempt to open the project today, the hourglass icon goes on indefinitely until I click the window and am informed that the program is not responding. The hard drive is working furiously during this time.

Other facts: I have converted other projects from X5. I can open these projects without any problem. All projects are saved locally.

Any suggestions as to what I can try?

Thanks for your time!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mia

Does this still occur or was it just at that time?

After creating a backup, try the old trick of deleting the CPD and XPJ files, then opening the project with the HHP file.

Is it the same with all projects?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter!
I wasn't having this problem with any of the other projects I had converted from X5 to X7. I tried your trick of renaming the CPD file and opened the project without a hitch. Thank you!
Sigh. Happy technical writer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
You might want to look at my topic on Opening Projects, just in case any of the repairs I mention are needed, nothing onerous.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp