• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I cannot install the Flashplayer update to my MacPro running 10.10.3.

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2015 Jul 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded the Flashplayer 6 times and it still gets stuck when it tries to install. I end up with the following:Screen Shot 2015-07-13 at 6.25.27 AM.png

What can I do about this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi cclatour‌,

Can you please try updating Flash Player using our offline installer present on - Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac Page

Thanks

Piyush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried and the installer got stuck again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also tried the Uninstall and got stuck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The installer Manager gets stuck also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my system to 10.10.4 but that hasn't helped. I also ran my disk utility and repair permissions but I still can't install or uninstall Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi cclatour‌,

Sorry you are facing this issue.

Can you please attach the Flash Player Install Log Location --> /Library/Log/FlashPlayerInstallManager.log (How to share a document).

In the meanwhile please clean you system using the offline uninstaller - http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/support/uninstall_flash_player_osx.dmg and reinstall Flash Player.

Thanks

Piyush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2015 Jul 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi piyush2508,

I just woke up! You must work all night or be on the otherside of the world. I’ll get on it let you know what happens. Thank you.

Cathy Latourelle

cclatour@comcast.net

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2015 Jul 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I uploaded the crash report from the attempt to install the Flash Player because the Manager log was empty. Maybe you can make sense of it.

I think that the Flash vulnerability has corrupted my Mac. My browsers are freezing. Chrome can't open a page that has anything to do with Facebook, even news about it. I am going to wait until Adobe figures out a way to solve this problem. I can't uninstall or install the Flash Player. Safari froze as well. I'm back in Firefox  which seems a bit better than the others.

Can you email me again when something is resolved?

Thanks. This has got to be a huge problem for you guys. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines