• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CSS for Tables

Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2008 Jan 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is CSS for tables missing from RH? They don't even show when I manually add them.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think we'll need more from you. What type of things are you looking to do in these tables?

In RH, it's often much easier to simply copy one of the RH table templates and modify it to suit your needs. Come back with some info.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The tables already exist. I would like to format them using CSS. Is there another way to make one change and have it reflected throughout a project?

I guess I could link my files to another editor instead of the RoboHelp HTML editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you will be able to create tables using styles from the CSS, much less alter existing ones. Using an alternative such as DW will work but then you will lose some of RH's functionality, such as dropdowns, simple creation of links etc as opening the topic again in RH will alter your code.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2008 Jan 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx for your insight.

I was curious and looked at the HTML source for a RH Help page with a table. They are using CSS for table formatting. I added their CSS to my CSS file but the styles still don't show in the style list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see any reference to class= in the formatting of the tables. Is it not all inline styling in a RH7 generated table?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to look in the HTML source for the RH 7 Help files not the tables generated in the application. I would send the snippet but I don't have RH on my system connected to the internet.

Help > Contents & Index > Projects > Source Files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is just saying that CSS files are supported. However, it has always been the case you cannot define your tables in the CSS file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2008 Jan 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's correct things here. It was the case up to and including RH6 that you could not define tables in the CSS.

Add this to your style sheet.

Table.thinborder {
/* margin: auto auto;*/
border-collapse: collapse;
border: 1px solid #FF6347;

}
.thinborder td{
border: 1px solid #FF6347;
padding: 5px;

}

Amend the table tag to

<table class=thinborder

Works for me in RH7.

That was done to a new table where I first removed all borders. More testing later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2008 Jul 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I am new to RoboHelp 7 and I 've ben following the forum about tables and CSS.
Is there anything bew about Table accessing css classes without extra coding?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Robohelp support the th tag?
anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2008 Jan 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks as if the above will override any existing table borders but not cell borders.

In short, on a table with no borders already defined, CSS works but any inline styles already applied will remain, which is the way CSS works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Welcome to the forum

You have to smile. Nothing on these forums about TH for months, maybe years, then the day after I post something in another thread, another question comes along. I'd put money on another post each day now for the next week or so. :-)

Set up a table as a test and what you should see is the row will appear but it will not work as a table header row should.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp