• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Performance Issues with RoboHelp 7 (shutting down)

Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2008 Jan 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Several times a day when working with RoboHelp 7, I get a message that RoboHelp needs to close, and it shuts down. I have 60 GB free space on my hard drive (Windows XP Professional 2002, Service Pack 2), and the following according to the Windows Task Manager:

Physical Memory:

Total: 2.0 GB
Available: 1.15 GB
System Cache: 1.24 GB

RoboHTML.exe is using 104 MB.

RoboHelp has spikes to 100% CPU usage quite often.

I am currently running several programs and have to close out of Microsoft Office, for example, in order to use RoboHelp.

I currently have under 500 topics in my RoboHelp project. I plan to import all my localized topics from separate projects, which will add another 1500. I hope this is not the issue.
Does anyone have any suggestions? I believe I have sufficient RAM and hard drive space.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The CPU figure is common and nothing to worry about. The other figures all look good. The number of topics is certainly not the issue.

Is your project on a local drive or the network?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The project is on the root of my C drive (local). I found the following article on Adobe's support page (Troubleshoot installation problems (Technical Communication Suite on Windows XP) and I'm following the steps now.

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=kb402643&sliceId=1

I will let you know what happens. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the troubleshooting guide and found that I had a huge amount of files in my temp folder, so I deleted them all and from my recycle bin. But an hour later after working in RoboHelp, I got the "needs to close" message again, then several more messages in the details. The Error Signature messages is referring to "iwysiwyg.dll", then there's a huge text file that starts with:
version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>
<DATABASE>
<EXE NAME="RoboHTML.exe" FILTER="GRABMI_FILTER_PRIVACY">
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="AdobeLinguistic.dll" SIZE="544768" CHECKSUM="0xD0B03332" BIN_FILE_VERSION="3.1.128.1" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="3.1.128.1"

We don't have a support contract, so I'm hoping someone can help.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case I think I would uninstall and reinstall.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I closed down Microsoft Outlook 2003 and only have RoboHelp 7, Microsoft Visual Source Safe, Windows Explorer, and IE 7 open. No problems so far. But I think RoboHelp was closing down when I was opening and closing the English and French topics and arranging them side by side. If it keeps happening, I'll try reinstalling.
Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2008 Jan 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Gina! I'm very curious: Were you able to fix this problem?

My coworker has had similar problems. We thought it was because she had .5 GB memory, but increasing memory didn't help much with the shutdown problem. Reinstalling RoboHelp didn't fix the problem. She was using two computer monitors... wonder if that was a contributing factor.

--Kathy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 15, 2008 Jan 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kathy, welcome to the forums.

I use two monitors and have not had performance issues with RH7. But that doesn't mean that it's not a factor, just that it doesn't necessarily cause problems.

--Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2008 Feb 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I'm still having the problem with RoboHelp 7 using 100% of my CPU memory and locking up. Using dual monitors now but wasn't using two before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp