• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I updated my Adobe Flash Player on your site (to avoid fraud) and in the Control Panel it shows as "18 NPAPI". wHAT does it mean? What's the latest version number?

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2015 Jul 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Dell Inspiron 560 desktop; MS Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64bit; Windows Live Mail 2012; MS Word Pro 2003; Mozilla Firefox 22.0]

I'd like to know the last version number to see if I have the right one here.  Before (and after) updating I still have the same version number: "18 NPAPI".  I'll appreciate a clarification.  Also, is this and the other Adobe (the Acrobat Reader) automatically updating?  Or is it up to me to do it when Adobe asks me to.  Of course, it's a little difficult to tell a genuine site asking you to update from the phishing one...

Thanks very much for your help!           Adela   

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

18.0.0.203 is the newest as of last week.

As far as updates, good chance if you did not manually update it, then it checks every so often for a new version and installs it for you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

18.0.0.203 is the newest as of last week.

Thank you very much Carm.  So if it updates by itself why doesn't it show the latest version instead of "18 NPAPI"?  And even worse, I updated it manually and yet it still didn't update the latest version?  I wonder... do the letters represent the numbers then?   Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rosedala,

The latest version of Flash Player is 18.0.0.203.  NPAPI refers to the Plugin type (ActiveX is for Internet Explorer, NPAPI is for Firefox/Safari, and PPAPI is for Opera, and embedded in Chrome by Google).  There are several different ways to obtain the Flash Player version currently installed:

• Launch the Control Panel and navigate to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items.  Then select the Flash Player item and click on the 'Updates' tab.
  • Launch the Control panel and navigate to Programs and Features, Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features, make sure the 'Version' column is visible, if not right-click on one of the column headers and select 'Version'.
  • Launch your web-browser and navigate to http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html and click the Check Now button.
    • Note: Since there are several types of plugin types for different browsers you would need to repeat this for the various browsers you use.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines