• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Corruption in cshelp.txt file on save

Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2007 Dec 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I add a topic ID to the cshelp.txt file using the Context Sensitive Text-Only Topics editor and click Save, I get an error message about an invalid file. When I open the file in notepad it looks like this:

. t o p i c H I D C _ B U T T O N _ C H A N G E _ S E T T I N G S _ S E C U R I T Y _ P R O P S _ P R O P P A G E
T e s t t e x t

The editor has added a space between each character (and removed one after topic). I think it is related to Unicode enhancements in RH7, but it means I cannot create a help file (CHM) that has working CS help.

Has anyone got a workaround for this?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 11, 2008 Jan 11, 2008
I started this thread and have since developed a workaround (similar to jc@salient) which I have detailed in a two-page Word document. The document also explains several RoboHelp defects related to this problem (hint to any Adobe people who monitor this forum).

This interface doesn't seem to allow attachments; so, if anyone needs a copy, email me at shaun.mclaughlin@entrust.com and ask for it. Please put Robohelp on the subject line.

If anyone adds refinements later, please share.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2008 Jan 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a workaround, but I am experiencing the same problem. My text-only file is named the same as my H file so it will autoupdate, but I think it is the same thing. The error message is:

This file may be an invalid Text-Only Topic file. Any data contained in this file may be lost. Would you like to continue.

Can anyone help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2008 Jan 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried adding topic ID's and topic text into the Text-only TXT file from a text editor outside of RoboHelp. I saved the changes and then recompiled and it worked. RoboHelp's text-only editor did not show the topic text, but this may be a workaround to use until this bug is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2008 Jan 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started this thread and have since developed a workaround (similar to jc@salient) which I have detailed in a two-page Word document. The document also explains several RoboHelp defects related to this problem (hint to any Adobe people who monitor this forum).

This interface doesn't seem to allow attachments; so, if anyone needs a copy, email me at shaun.mclaughlin@entrust.com and ask for it. Please put Robohelp on the subject line.

If anyone adds refinements later, please share.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2008 Jan 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks for posting that you have prepared an aid for this.

Hint for anyone using this forum. Adobe don't monitor it! See below. :-)

To bring the problem to their attention, follow this link. It will be read.

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp