• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updating Web Help Files

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2008 Jan 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to update web help files without replacing all my published files. Does anyone know if I can replace an existing .htm page with a new page/same name? Can I replace a single image in the image folder with a new image/same name? Can I add a new .htm page or section? And can I replace the table of contents file with an updated version?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

You could just replace an htm file and the image. If you add new topics though, how is the user going to find them?

There is a single TOC in the source but not in the output. The information gets broken into different files.

Going the route you propose is likely to break something. Why not just deselect the Republish All option and then RH will just publish what has changed? That is surely what you want.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter,

What I really want to know is if I can upload one file at a time because my client doesn't want to pay their host's charge to upload thousands of file every time they update content. It looks like there is no way I can upload a new topic or anything that affects the TOC but is there any way I can upload replaced content with the same file name one file at a time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I don't think you have followed my point. If you deselect Republish All, RH will ONLYpublish the files that have changed. However you do it, manually or via RH, all the CHANGED files, internal and topics, HAVE to be uploaded.

That way, you will not be upload thousands of files, just the ones that have to be uploaded.

You do understand the difference between generate and publish?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp