• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot update pepper_flash I go to chrome://components and click check for updates for pepper_flash and nothing happens

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2015 Jul 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also get

Adobe Flash has been blocked because it is out of date

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might need to update/re-install Chrome.

Then I went to chrome://components

You can use this extension to let you know of updates as well:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/the-latest-versions-of-go/bibclkcoilbnbnppanidhimphmfbjaab...

then

Adobe - Flash Player

showed success

Hopefully that will work

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi lizad30321074,

Google releases updates to the embedded version of Flash Player in Chrome, not Adobe.  It is up to Google to as to when they release the update, and how they do it (component update, or Chrome update). As CS mentions, you can manually check for a Chrome update, or wait until it updates automatically, although, I do understand your desire to update it as soon as possible.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2015 Dec 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason one might want to is because websites are complaining that your version of Flash is out of date.  You go to a site or click a link, and it says that flash has been blocked because it is out of date.  When you click the help to update it, it says to go to chrome://components and update pepper_flash.  But if Chrome hasn't updated it yet, you're out of luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 18, 2015 Dec 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The current version of Flash Player is 20.0.0.228.  If you're getting that message at this point from Chrome, you haven't been getting updates for several weeks.

If you go to Menu > Help > About Google Chrome, you should be able to see whether or not Chrome is updated.  If it instructs you to restart Chrome, you should do that.  If you haven't set up automatic updates, I'd highly recommend doing that.  Keeping your OS, Flash and Browser updated is your best line of defense against malware at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines