• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Digital Editions 4.0.3 mass install...

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2015 Jul 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to deploy out ADE 4.0.3 to multiple machines via SCCM.  I have it working via .bat, however, the .exe prompts the machine to install Norton Security Scan at the end of the install.  Unfortunately, the /s (silent) commandline switch doesn't bypass that prompt.  The install will prompt for Norton during each install attempt on a machine (up to 3 times; at which point subsequent installs do not prompt).

I need an .exe provided by Adobe that does not have that Norton prompt or be notified of a command line switch that will deny the prompt.  Thank you.

TOPICS
Deauthorization

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jul 23, 2015 Jul 23, 2015

Hi,

Had the same problem.

The registry key that switches of the prompt when installing ADE 4.03 in silent mode is:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symantec]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symantec\NPInstaller]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symantec\NPInstaller\DeclineCount]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symantec\NPInstaller\DeclineCount\adobe]

"nss"=dword:00000002

Call it from a batch file command line:

regedit /s SymantecDeclineCount.reg

ADE_4.0_Installer.exe /s

The only thing

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2015 Jul 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, Adobe support is awesome.  4 days and no response.  Thanks Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2015 Jul 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.  Did you find an answer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2015 Jul 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, Adobe has been completely worthless on supporting this...both here on the forums and over the phone...

If they expect people to use this program in a corporate/educational environment, they need to release a bloatware-less version or support the product by providing command-line documentation...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2015 Jul 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Had the same problem.

The registry key that switches of the prompt when installing ADE 4.03 in silent mode is:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symantec]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symantec\NPInstaller]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symantec\NPInstaller\DeclineCount]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symantec\NPInstaller\DeclineCount\adobe]

"nss"=dword:00000002

Call it from a batch file command line:

regedit /s SymantecDeclineCount.reg

ADE_4.0_Installer.exe /s

The only thing ADE 4.03 does after installation is prompt that an upgrade is available the first time you run it, even though it is the latest version!

Hope this helps.

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2015 Nov 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to add here that they renamed the registry key for ADE v4.5, the new key is for 32-bit OS (haven't tested this, only tested for 64-bit OS):

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symantec\NPInstaller\DeclineCount\adobeebook

And for 64-bit OS:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Symantec\NPInstaller\DeclineCount\adobeebook

The value should still be "nss"=dword:00000002.

Edit: OK, tested more now, apparently the installer now randomly changes the value of nss and nis, and none of the combinations I've tried works for preventing the popup. Thanks Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2015 Aug 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand why Adobe becomes enterprise-unfriendly now.

Thank you for the free offer but as enterprise users, we just want the SILENT install.

Please kindly remove the Norton bundle or provide another option in the installer to do real silent install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

G

I need to deploy out ADE 4.0.3 to multiple machines via SCCM.  I have it working via .bat, however, the .exe prompts the machine to install Norton Security Scan at the end of the install.  Unfortunately, the /s (silent) commandline switch doesn't bypass that prompt.  The install will prompt for Norton during each install attempt on a machine (up to 3 times; at which point subsequent installs do not prompt).

I need an .exe provided by Adobe that does not have that Norton prompt or be notified of a command line switch that will deny the prompt.  Thank you.

By @mwiniars

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines